Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E71 or Blackberry 8900

Options
  • 26-06-2009 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Guys first post in this section but basically im at the end of my contract with meteor and im either going to stay with them and get the E71 or move and get the blackberry curve 8900.My question which is the better phone? I will be using most of the functions ie email wifi GPS etc..all opionions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've an e71 and I love it, it really is a top quality phone with excellent build quality, the balckberry wouldn't even cross my mind, the e71's the better phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

Hi
    I currently have an E71 and find it brillant.
    Coverage:Very good
    Battery Life: Best i Have every come across
    Useability:Good

The buttons are small and take a bit of getting use to,but after that its great.Have the phone 2 months now on O2 and love it. Was in the same position as you back then and found that Carphonewarehouse were very helpful in helping me make my choice.
    I would advise changing network as meteors 3g coverage is poor. Im on the 350 min plan with o2 and get 500mb free in my bunble a month.

Hope this was helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Jod yeah was gonna go with o2 because of the price plan including unlimited internet usage for a set fee,but meteor just threw a spanner in hte works ive been with them about 6/7 years now and they offered me 50% off my monthly commitment with them if i chose to stay with them....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The E71 is nice, and probably which i would get myself, but i have used a 8900, and i know people that say its the best phone they have ever had. I know this probably isnt what you want to hear, but if you went in-store and ask for alive model to get the feel of both. They are both very similar, one of the main differences is that, the 8900 has the trackball which does work well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had the E71 and 8900 in my hand in CPW a while ago, and its very , very difficult to tell them apart, style wise. Wife has just got an E71 and it is a lovely phone. A fair bit cheaper to buy and run, If I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

thanks for the opinions guys i went with the 8900 in the end purely down to the key pad the guys in the 02 store gave me 2 live versions of both and i found the keypad on the E71 would annoy me after awhile and also the blackberry trackball is the buisness especiallly when using it to access the net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stevermick2003

How have you found the 8900 having used it for several months? I'm considering getting the E71 as I have had the 8310 curve before and found the lack of personalisation options a drawback, whereas with Nokia's smartphones you can personalise pretty much everything. Any feedback on the Blackberry would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

Oh, the 8900 is a huge step up from 8310, definately go for a blackberry if u need fast email and I'm clients. Plus run couple of other apps in the background. If u need any advice on blackberry ,just ask.

Advertisement