Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to lock up a bike for the evening?

Options
  • 26-06-2009 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

Going out tonight and don't have much to spend so was hoping to save on a taxi at the end of the night. Wouldn't be getting smashed so don't worry about me drink cycling!!

Wouldn't be too worried about theft (bike is a bit of a POS) but rather vandalism.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Close to another bike of higher value and with a lock of lesser value :p
    Failing that in a trafficked area with lighting, like across from McGuires corner shop on Dominic street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i used leave mine down across from Jury's when i worked in the pubs. It got a scuff or two, but never had any major damage done in my few months of leaving it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I've done right outside Neachtains, particularly when I am sitting there, but usually know half the folks. Opp the Crane too has been fine.
    Sometimes Middle St, but noticed some bike lurkers lurking last week!
    The bike I use is literally a skip bike, but looks pricier to the untrained eye.

Advertisement