Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creche / Playschool supplement??

Options
  • 26-06-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone was aware of any funding available from the local c.w.o towards creche payments.??

I'm due to return to college in september after a year long break and I will receive funding when the school year commences however, a place has became available for my daughter now and cannot be gauranteed later in the year. Obviously I would like to insure she is well settled before september.

Any help would be great....

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Contact the OMYCA (Office of the Minister of Youth and Childrens Affairs) 01 635 4000

if your child is in a community run creche you will need to choose between the childcare subvention or the free early learning year.

you also need to contact your creche and check that they have actually signed up to the scheme.

The payment wont come into effect until the 01.01.10

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A community creche is your best bet.You can get money under the subvention scheme.
    Are you in Balbriggan or elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rosepetal

Hi, can i ask whats the subvention scheme?:confused: I got a letter today to say my daughter has a place in a community playschool for sept and while the fees are low, it would be great if we were entitled to something else off it. (Other halfs job is not looking too secure). We are not on sw if that makes any difference?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.omc.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=%2Fdocuments%2Fchildcare%2FCC_Subvention_Scheme%2FCC_Subvention_Scheme.htm

It is a supplement paid for people on social welfare or entitled to a medical card to subsidise creche fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rosepetal

Moonbeam wrote: »
    http://www.omc.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=%2Fdocuments%2Fchildcare%2FCC_Subvention_Scheme%2FCC_Subvention_Scheme.htm

It is a supplement paid for people on social welfare or entitled to a medical card to subsidise creche fees.

Thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

if your child is in a community creche you MAYBE entitled to subvented funding. at this stage you MAY have to pay the full amount depending on your creche.

each famillyis broken down in to 3 bands, A,B,C. each place is subvented by the government depending on the family circumstances. it is based in PPS numbers and social welfare claims.

you are not given the funding directly, it goes to the facility.

tbh i am too drunk to explain it in detail, but if you speak to your facility directly they will be able to explain it to you

Advertisement