Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's big-boards stats time again.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I do think it's mad that we're higher in the stats than the IMDb message boards (although they are muck!)

My post here from 2006 is still as valid today: http://wwww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52461615&postcount=4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I went to comment on teh IMDB and found I had to get verified, I couldn't be arsed and suspect many others feel likewise.

LOLZ We must stop meeting like this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

mike65 wrote: »
    LOL at your link - gotta love the keywords:

Boards.ie
    General discussion Irish community

keywords: ireland, off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mike65 wrote: »
    I went to comment on teh IMDB and found I had to get verified, I couldn't be arsed and suspect many others feel likewise.

Same here. And, as someone above poitned out, they aer MUCK.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'd love to know if those stats match our stats.

I though Conor's recent graphs pointed out that we have over 5,000 visitors a day - bigboards list us with over 60,000 a day.

Plus they have us down as having 296 mods...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Bloody slackers

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I though Conor's recent graphs pointed out that we have over 5,000 visitors a day - bigboards list us with over 60,000 a day.

60,000 unique visitors?

I don't know. Sometimes there's a lag on stats.big-boards.com, so I just hit the stop button. I'm sure others do too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

They both do and don't. A lot of web stats differ depending on how you define "unique visitor", "unique visit" and so on. Very few systems agree on those definitions.
    Terry wrote: »
    60,000 unique visitors?

That was 5,000 at the same time, the bigboards figure is a daily total. 60,000 is in the right ballpark for daily unique visitors. Depending on how you define unique, we have between 50,000 and 80,000 unique visitors per day.

I think they need that to be manually specified.

They're also miles off on the hardware. They have us down as 2 web servers and a database server. We currently have 1 load balancer, 6 web servers (5 for vBulletin and 1 for static content), 2 database servers and a storage server. On top of that we have a few other machines for things like testing, monitoring, hosting tweet.ie, journals, boards.tv etc.
    Terry wrote: »
    I don't know. Sometimes there's a lag on stats.big-boards.com, so I just hit the stop button. I'm sure others do too.

One of my priorities at the moment is to improve the performance of the site and part of that involves lowering the impact of the ads and stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Thanks Conor, for clarifying that - 5,000 users online together at once eh? That explains a lot... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Thanks Conor, for clarifying that - 5,000 users online together at once eh? That explains a lot... :D

:)

5,000 users on the site at any one time is fine. It's only when they have atypical behaviour (like loads of them posting at the same time or a large proportion of them viewing long threads) that we run into trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Conor wrote: »
    :)

5,000 users on the site at any one time is fine. It's only when they have atypical behaviour (like loads of them posting at the same time or a large proportion of them viewing long threads) that we run into trouble.

I thought this place was acting funny when MJ died alright, that explains that one then, cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Sorted by Alexa ranking...

270 Boards.ie profile Boards.ie statistics
    Boards.ie 8804
    271 Stormfront profile Stormfront statistics
    Stormfront 8834

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Sorted by Alexa ranking...

270 Boards.ie profile Boards.ie statistics
    Boards.ie 8804
    271 Stormfront profile Stormfront statistics
    Stormfront 8834

:rolleyes:

Sssshhhh, there's a few here who could defect and they'll be ahead!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i wonder is there and link between the 15 place drop in from 75 to 90 anyting to do with my lack of posts recently :D

Dam recession... some things like mobile internet connection are surplus to requirements :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'm just so happy to be here and a part of this great phenomenon. :)

Advertisement