Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higashi no Eden/ Eden of the East

Options
  • 26-06-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Just finished Higashi no Eden / Eden of the East there yesterday and I'm curious if anyone else has watched it here?

ANN page on it

It's by Kenji Kamiyama (jin-roh, blood, gits) and production IG, and the drawing is quite new and innovative, but a lot of work is put into it. I Really liked it, the plot was quite intriguing, but the b**t*rds left the plot completely hanging at the end, cos they're releasing 2 films of it..
    And a trailer:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

Seems interesting. Ill have a look, thanks for the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Lilith306

It was very good, but was a bit unhappy at the end all right can't wait for the movies to see which way it goes but that's not till x-mas:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Got as far as episode 7 last night and its starting to get a bit wierd.

Johnny!
    3 Illusions, and the Johnny snatcher sprouting wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

considering that there are 2 films coming out, I was expecting something much more suspenseful and unfulfilling to end it. As is, I'm happy a nice bit of closure was added, although
    yeah, giving the phone to saki makes me very curious, is she meant to give it back? The phone is tied to his fingerprint...

Is anyone reading frostii's posts on it, by the way?
    episode 7
    This episode has, well, far too many opportunities for “Johnny” jokes. So many in fact, that we’re not even going to attempt to make one. Cum one, cum all, and *enjoy* the fanservice

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

No-one has answered me:
    Why did he wipe his memory AGAIN?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

gearoidof wrote: »
    considering that there are 2 films coming out, I was expecting something much more suspenseful and unfulfilling to end it. As is, I'm happy a nice bit of closure was added, although
    yeah, giving the phone to saki makes me very curious, is she meant to give it back? The phone is tied to his fingerprint...

Is anyone reading frostii's posts on it, by the way?

Guess he just wants to try lead his country without any preconcieved notions, trusting that saki will fill him in on the phone if he really needs to remember everything in the future

knowing saki, she'll blab it instantly

And em, I didn't answer because I don't actually know, zeouterlimits. I presume they're just gonna explain it in the film

Just after watching the first of the movies, it was ok but not much happened with it and looks like we will have to wait till next movie to get any real answers. Don't know why they just didn't do another season or just one movie rather then the two as the pace seems kinda off.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Wow did not here that the films are out must watch them soon!

Dattebayo and GG subbed it (troll + srsfknbsns, odd couple)

I'm very confused after watching it, I gotta admit.

The reason it was made into a film was because Films make more money :D

• Advertisement

Wow did not here that the films are out must watch them soon!

Only the first is out, we will have to wait a few more months for the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rochardgems

now that I've seen it. I'm not really impressed. The last 5-10 minutes were good and made me want to watch the second movie but the rest was rather dull. It might have worked better as a second season on a weekly.

Someone was saying it had originally been planned for 26 episodes, but following the feedback on episodes 1-11, they decided to up-market it to 2 films.

This meant a ****load of story cropping, though

Advertisement