Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funtasia Drogheda

Options
  • 26-06-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Had the displeasure of experiencing this place for the first time today and doubt I'll be back in a hurry.

We brought our 2 year old today instead of his usual toddler swim at the leisure centre, bit of a treat/laugh I thought. So we checked with the attendant before going in as to suitability and were told there were 2 toddler areas which was great. I couldn't stress though how unsuitable the areas were for a kid under 4/5. €22 for myself and Mrs Stealdo. There was absolutely nothing in the place for the little guy, not even a normal pool. The 'toddler' areas had nothing specific for kids of that age and was over run with 9/10 year olds anyway. I've no problem with them not catering for kids that age but they should be honest about it.
    The general attitude of the staff was pretty off as well. I fully understand that in the circumstances of their job they need to be forceful with the kids for their safety but there's a line between this and rudeness, and it shouldn't transfer to the adults. I as spoken to as if I was a 10 year old on three occasions by 16-18 year old kids. On top of it all the systems for entering and leaving the pool (lock on the exit door, needing to get a token from reception to get out) seems to assume that the clientèle are generally criminals or some such.
    I also generally wouldn't like the fact that while they obviously are set up to cater to kids with the bowling, roller skating and water park that it's all set in among dozens of slot machines etc. But that's just a matter of personal taste.

Won't be going back to this place for quite some time.

I'm sure kids from 6 - 14 or so would absolutely love the place and it'd be worth it, but anyone considering bring a toddler - forget it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Little_L

I completely agree, I brought my nephew of 3 years and he was completely lost, it seemed to be more catered for a grown adult than him! Plus, because the water only came up to his ankles the child was freezing the whole time. The establishment is not doing itself any favours by not providing for what I thought was its target market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Never had an issue in the place, kids love it to bits, we are there at least once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone hear any news of the plans to extend the waterpark or is it still going ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 michyxxx

never ever had a problem in this place i must say the staff are extremely helpful and friendly always smiling,,,the waterpark is brilliant i have a two year old my self and she absolutely loves the waterpark ...and to be completely honest with u ,,,u will agree that if the door was allowed to be just opened by anybody,,,without a token,,,,you wud be annoyed over that aswell,,,because ur 2 year old could wander out,,,or be just let out by anyone....the place is a very secure place and great fun for all the family i go at least once a week ...and it is a 25 minute drive from where i live so it is not just around the corner,,,,would recomend to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

michyxxx wrote: »
    never ever had a problem in this place i must say the staff are extremely helpful and friendly always smiling,,,the waterpark is brilliant i have a two year old my self and she absolutely loves the waterpark ...and to be completely honest with u ,,,u will agree that if the door was allowed to be just opened by anybody,,,without a token,,,,you wud be annoyed over that aswell,,,because ur 2 year old could wander out,,,or be just let out by anyone....the place is a very secure place and great fun for all the family i go at least once a week ...and it is a 25 minute drive from where i live so it is not just around the corner,,,,would recomend to everyone

:rolleyes: Interesting first post...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

bigneacy wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Interesting first post...

And on a thread near 2 years old? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

When I heard that they charge parents into the viewing gallery to supervise their own children in the pool I knew there and then then I would never be setting foot in the place!

I hear 10x more negative reports than positive about the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Having worked for the owners (who live in Bettystown near to their property out there) at one stage, I can say that the same attitude to peoples needs apply across the board to their other establishments.
    Overpriced in many ways and resources sometimes seriously lacking.
    Its all about buckets of profit with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

i had the unfortunate experience of havin my sons 4th birthday party with them.... 20 minutes for yung kids to eat their food and the burgers cudda broken walls never mind their teeth.... crappy, overpriced place.... Astrotots around the corner for his 5th birthday and the staff were very friendly and the complete opposite atmosphere....

Always had a good time at funtasia. Brought my 6 year old and 2 year old last week and they both loved the waterpark. Now far more there for the 6year old but there is secton for infants and she was happy out there. The issue with the locked doors is common sense you dont want people or kids walking in and out and its a safety issue. Overall always had a good time there and staff more than helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

I was there on Sunday with my 4 year old son.
    He loves the place... serious exercise running after the scut too!
    There is a toddler section in the far corner. Yes, you're gonna get bigger kids messing in there, but don't tell me you don't get bigger kids jumping into the baby/learner pool in Aura Drogheda or even get the odd big kid throwing their weight around in Astrotots??!
    Sorry but that just happens...
    The staff are hit and miss IMO, again everywhere's like that.
    Overall I think it's value for money, for what you get.
    Oh and try getting a body suit for your little one... they'll stay warm a lot more! ;-)

Advertisement