Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to offer?

• 26-06-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I am going to look at this car tomorrow http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A4/1.8-T-AU/200914192378575/advert?channel=CARS and if I like it I will more then likely buy it. I want to get a trade in with my own car which is a 03 Mondeo 1.8L petrol 80K miles and only serviced 2 weeks ago (brake discs & pads changed). I am a bit clueless when it comes to buying cars so could someone tell me how much I should offer approx with the Mondeo?

The NCT is up on my car and it is booked in but the earliest date they had was August so this may effect the value of my car, although I was told it should have no problems passing.

Thanks for you help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Start with 6k and the Mondeo and go from there. There's a good chance they'll only offer you about 4k for it. I defo wouldn't be keen to give them more than 7k with it these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Nice combination .....1.8 turbo petrol engine with an auto box - I reckon the dealer wont give you more than 5k for your mondeo though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Link doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

does for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I thought the A4 1.8T had 163bhp not 190bhp? Also afaik the S Line trim was only introduced with the facelifted model in 2005. Anyone confirm this?

It does look very clean but is €13k still a bit expensive for a 5 year old one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'll go with zuutroy's plan. Start with about €5k and don't go more than €7k. You're only going up one year!
    Barr wrote: »
    does for me

Yep works for me now too. Didn't work for hours as I kept checking it (even using different browsers!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

bazz26 wrote: »
    I thought the A4 1.8T had 163bhp not 190bhp? Also afaik the S Line trim was only introduced with the facelifted model in 2005. Anyone confirm this?

It does look very clean but is €13k still a bit expensive for a 5 year old one?

Some have 190bhp. However, most of those were imports AFAIK.
    Mine is the 190bhp model.

If the OP is interested, he can buy my 03 A4 1.8T. I'm looking to upscale too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

I went out to look at the car today and was told that it had only being reduced from 15K to 13K this week so they didn't have much room to negotiate. He said he would take the mondeo and 10.5K for it:eek:LOL and that he valued the mondeo at 4.5k but was offering me last weeks price.

I told him to give me a call if he is willing to accept 8K and the mondeo but I am not sure if that is even a good deal. There are a lot similar Audi's on the net so I should pick one up either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

bobbyg wrote: »
    I went out to look at the car today and was told that it had only being reduced from 15K to 13K this week so they didn't have much room to negotiate. He said he would take the mondeo and 10.5K for it:eek:LOL and that he valued the mondeo at 4.5k but was offering me last weeks price.

No matter how bad a deal I think they're going to offer, they always manage to surprise me!

Advertisement