Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers, The Skeff, 11th of July

Options
13»

Comments

My girlfriend wants to go out - I might bring her there - just to observe of course.

Cancel that - it is too bad outside - I'm not going anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Ended up there around 10:30 but I figure anyone who'd been there had fecked off by that stage.

Oh well! Nice night (in spite of the rain) in any case :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

In the good old days it was just a case of finding the guy with the "I was the girl you cybered on IRC last night" tshirt and hey presto, you'd found your boardsies.

But no, you lot had to go all mainstream and make it impossible to recognise anyone. Sellouts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sarky wrote: »
    In the good old days it was just a case of finding the guy with the "I was the girl you cybered on IRC last night" tshirt and hey presto, you'd found your boardsies.

But no, you lot had to go all mainstream and make it impossible to recognise anyone. Sellouts.

Ah sarky, the good old days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Xiney wrote: »
    Ended up there around 10:30 but I figure anyone who'd been there had fecked off by that stage.

Oh well! Nice night (in spite of the rain) in any case :)

Nope. In fact, I didn't meet the other poster who was there until half ten. We parted ways at about eleven or maybe half past. I cannae remember,
    Sarky wrote: »

T-shirts? In this weather? You're the sell-out pal. Selling out like you do...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

At this stage, galway boards beers failing hard is tradition :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The next one will be good;). I think summer time is always a little more difficult for everyone. I was set to go up to yesterday evening, last minute visitors put paid to that. Next weekend will be crazy though, Macnas Parade night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

How many if any turned up? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

How many if any turned up? :confused:

Two. WooPeeA and I. Sound lad. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

And christine, but she didn't find you two.

Maybe this regional forum needs a know your nerds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

There was a time when everyone knew what each other looked like... unfortunately that time has passed and we are once again, anonymous... :(

Having said that though, I think one should be created (albeit heavily moderated) so that we can wave at each other in the street which will inevitably happen quite alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Salthouse next time..play jenga and connect4 as so to avoid awkward silences:)

So when's the next one??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

RHG, feel free to start a Know Your Galwegians thread. If everyone agrees we can make it non-chat, pics only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

IMO next time the OP should have all mobile numbers to all of us and text us his exact location in the pub. Then we would all find each other and problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Belated apologies to all, frada in particular.
    Called away at short notice, just getting back now.

Sorry man, buy you a pint sometime soon I hope.:o

Advertisement