Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facial waxing

Options
  • 26-06-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

anyone had their upper lip waxed and if so what is the regrowth like,ie stubbly or fine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Waxing anything removes the hair at the root, so regrowth is hairs that were still below the surface at the time of waxing or new hairs. They all have their naturally shaped "tops" so it's not stubbly.

This doesn't change whether you're waxing your lip, your legs, or your bikini line.

Shaving cuts straight across the hair, leaving it sharp and stubbly, which is why shaving leads to stubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

yeah i get my lip done every now & then and find it fine.

have no problem with the regrowth being stubbly or anything - tbh its much better to have it done than not - it makes a big difference especially in the winter when you're wearing foundation which seems to emphasise hair on your top lip!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Try threading. I've become a total convert to threading over the last couple of months. I like it more than waxing because there is no pulling on your skin. I get it on my upper lip and have always been happy with it but am especially delighted with my eyebrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

I've been waxing my upper lip for years now. I used to use the Veet Mini wax strips, but to be honest, it used to take a couple of goes and I'd be sure to end up with a little irritation.

I bought this the other week and Im really happy so far...
    http://www.feelunique.com/p/Elegant-Touch-Wax-Facial-Hair-Remover-with-Green-Tea-x3-20g---50-Extra-Free.html

Its hot wax and a lot more gentle than the cold wax strips. Its only removes the hair, and thankfully all in one go. It didn't irritate my skin at all, and I was really surprised how little pain I felt when I was removing the strip. It doesn't require strips, the wax basically gets a little hard and this allows you to just peel off the wax itself.

I would love to try threading, but I'm not really into going to Salons, and I don't think I could do it myself. I like being able to get rid of the ould furry lip myself, whenever I need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

thanks to all who replied.it's been a great help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement