Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime in Longford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

Moving on to the next phase of post property bubble Ireland now.
    The unemployed masses, the majority of whom are men, realise that there is little hope of work now that the sole local industry of building Section 23 apartment blocks for specuvestors in Dublin has dried up forever.
    Some have arrived from abroad, from a history nobody knows, and the land of milk and honey they were promised has soured almost overnight.

The options are to train and re-educate, go elsewhere in the country, emigrate or put up with the €204 a week.
    Unfortunately, there's always a few with less than perfect moral standards and outbreaks of crime are the inevitable result, ranging from petty theft and burglaries all the way up to robberies at gunpoint.

Next phase is when €20-30 is lobbed off social welfare and desperation increases. Longford, as an unemployment blackspot with little prospect of relief, should be right at the epicentre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

http://www.shannonside.ie/news-details.php?nid=2712

Pipe bombs discovered in house on Killashee Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

I'd say the pipe bomb lads aren't from Longford. Probably Dub gangsters down for their holidays!. They look at Longford as quiet place to plan their criminal activity from . Anyone notice the amount of court cases in the Local paper every week involving Romanians thieving from around Longford. I wonder why they aren't getting deported?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

baldbear wrote: »
    I'd say the pipe bomb lads aren't from Longford. Probably Dub gangsters down for their holidays!. They look at Longford as quiet place to plan their criminal activity from . Anyone notice the amount of court cases in the Local paper every week involving Romanians thieving from around Longford. I wonder why they aren't getting deported?

Because Romania is part of the EU now, if it wasn't deportations would take place instead of prison sentances etc.

Apparently the 2 lads held for the pipe bombs are locals but sources say the bombs were destined for limerick based gangs. But nobody really knows whats going on as the house they were found in was empty, only just being built!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Picture of it on todays news,fine house too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Any word on what happened to those two lads yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Nope.AFAIK the investigation is ongoing.

Advertisement