Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A long winded but nice way to play with groove

Options
  • 26-06-2009 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Using Battery most of the time , I sometimes get frustrated at the robotic sound of the 16th note quantise and the cubase swing quantise is ok but it doesn't sound as good as the old MPC machines. What I have started to mess with though is rendering my manually entered and layered battery hits of 8 & 16 bars, converting them to REX files and importing to Stylus RMX. In this way using the new time control I can add the old MPC quantises, build up a number of loops which I have made from scratch and trigger them ad hoc if I wish. whilst using battery in another track for subtle changes and fills so it doesn't sound too "loopy"..
    Just wondered if anyone has messed around in this way.. It's long winded but fun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Using Battery most of the time , I sometimes get frustrated at the robotic sound of the 16th note quantise and the cubase swing quantise is ok but it doesn't sound as good as the old MPC machines. What I have started to mess with though is rendering my manually entered and layered battery hits of 8 & 16 bars, converting them to REX files and importing to Stylus RMX. In this way using the new time control I can add the old MPC quantises, build up a number of loops which I have made from scratch and trigger them ad hoc if I wish. whilst using battery in another track for subtle changes and fills so it doesn't sound too "loopy"..
    Just wondered if anyone has messed around in this way.. It's long winded but fun

What are you using to make the rex files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

recycle

Advertisement