Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water damaged nokia 6230

• 26-06-2009 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,458 ✭✭✭✭

basically my fathers phone fell into water

iv dried it out with a hair dryer etc but and it turns on etc but i keep getting this message about using phone as memory, and my choice are accept or reject

doesnt matter which one i pick it,I cant get rid of the message

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

try a different sim card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,458 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Davy wrote: »
    try a different sim card.

same thing

he's also having problems trying to hear the callers

so im going to look for another nokia 6230i

a question for ya

what was the last nokia phone to use the same bottom connections as the nokia 6230i

he wants it to work with his hands-free

Jes i cant remember of the top of my head what the last popport phone was. It was gone around 2007 or so. The N80 had a pop-port and must have been one of the last but its a slide phone so wont fit your cradle if thats what your thinking.

Your better of changing to a new bluetooth style kit, you can have a little screen ont he dash, displays contacts etc. Then it wont matter changing phones because they will all work with it. He can still get a holder for the phone. The only loss charging, but a cigarette lighter will do the job.

Jes i cant remember of the top of my head what the last popport phone was. It was gone around 2007 or so. The N80 had a pop-port and must have been one of the last but its a slide phone so wont fit your cradle if thats what your thinking.

Your better of changing to a new bluetooth style kit, you can have a little screen ont he dash, displays contacts etc. Then it wont matter changing phones because they will all work with it. He can still get a holder for the phone. The only loss charging, but a cigarette lighter will do the job.

its for my father so he likes things simple and what he has at the moment is perfect

Headshot wrote: »
    its for my father so he likes things simple and what he has at the moment is perfect

Gettin anther 6230i then probably is the best solution. Plenty on ebay, etc. Phonesonline have a refurb one here

• Advertisement

Gettin anther 6230i then probably is the best solution. Plenty on ebay, etc. Phonesonline have a refurb one here

ebay it is thanks davy

Advertisement