Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former Libertas Campaign Dir to Vote Yes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

God that’s the second Libertas Director to publicly do a complete U-Turn on the Lisbon treaty.

Its odd that Cochrane was working fro Ganley right up until the election. The campaign was centred around opposition to the Treaty. Its funny that he has changed his mind on the issue a couple of week after Ganley lost the election and he lost his job.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's funny that he's claiming the retention of "our" commissioner as a major victory, and his reason for switching to a "yes" vote. I consider it a major mistake, that will have to be undone at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So, he toed the party line whilst he worked for Libertas, and went back to his rootes when he left?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Of all the reasons I can think of for voting Yes, giving the likes of McCreevy and Pee Flynnstone well-paid jobs is not one of them. The whole Libertas thing gets even more bizarre.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

the_syco wrote: »
    So, he toed the party line whilst he worked for Libertas, and went back to his rootes when he left?

Looks that way. Pretty principled, eh? I think he is just trying to make himself more employable again by distancing himself for the Liberats project. Our maybe it just an attention seeking thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

or maybe he changed his mind

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

or maybe he changed his mind
    Absolutely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mayo1

He came under a lot of media pressure and I believe he'll secretly vote No. he just doesn't want the hassle of fighting another Lisbon campaign.

Advertisement