Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.E.U 1911 discussion.

Options
  • 26-06-2009 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

So I have now bought and would love to talk about it with the other members.
    Firsts things first:is this only a new pistol to the airsoft market
    secondly:is the WE version good.
    and thirdly:is there any common problems with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Galway-R345

mle1324 wrote: »
    So I have now bought and would love to talk about it with the other members.
    Firsts things first:is this only a new pistol to the airsoft market
    secondly:is the WE version good.
    and thirdly:is there any common problems with them.

Have this gun as well WE MEU (Full metal). How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it? I heard there was some problem with regards the recoil bushing..

How is the durability of yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Have this gun as well WE MEU (Full metal). How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it? I heard there was some problem with regards the recoil bushing..

How is the durability of yours?

i bought it form Main Irish Airsoft for 139.99.
    at first when i got it,when i was shooting it the slide would stick but i was then told to just silacone it up as i though that it would of been done when i bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Galway-R345

I found this site while looking for a review of the pistol. After reading it i was a bit hesitant to use it for i may not get any spare parts here.

http://www.filairsoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62006&highlight=we+1911

and this one as well as the main problem with the gun

http://www.filairsoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41911&highlight=we+1911

It's a foreign forum i thinks its filipino? Some of the post are in their language.. But mostly figurable what they are saying.

i reckon i'll have to wait and see if it goes bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I've got the Socom Gear M.E.U...it's basically just an upgraded version of the WE one.

The gun itself is beautiful. It has a threaded outer barel to attach a silencer, but you can remove the tip so that it looks exacty like the real steel. Rubber grips make it easy to hold, and with a very nice weight...you want to shoot it all day long. The insignias complete the gun, and you'll have no regrets aesthetically.

HOWEVER...the mag's have a deep bumper meaning that it's very difficult to fill them with gas. I don't get to use this gun that much as a result. I need an adapter or gas with a longer filler valve. When the gun fires, it's accurate and powerful. The tactical white-dot sights make all the difference and the gun really does the job. The 15 round magazines are very satisfying to reload, and make it even more realistic.

PROBLEMS I've had with mine are, as previously mentioned, the deep mag bumper. But the paint has also chipped in places, which isn't cool. Obviously that can be redone, but after not much use (thanks to the magazines) it's a little disappointing.

I got mine off of redwolfairsoft for $150, free with pistol case, HSS gear lanyard and silencer. Only regret is the damn mags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm going to invest in the Army MEU 191 myself. Had a nosey at Masadas when he got his and its a gorgeous piece. The performance and quality in the pistol is second to none really, and being fully upgradeable with TM parts, you can get a host of upgrade parts, but I'm unsure if you can actually make it any better.

I had one of the original WE 1911's, and I was always of the opinion WE pistols were too gas in-efficent and had too many mag problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Yeah, heard very good things about the Army MEU. I've been pretty tempted by the guarder custom marui, http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-m-e-u-soc-45-custom-airsoft-gbb-pistol.html. Can't find a single review of it though.:(

Have to say that after a few weeks (9 to be exact) i have being impressed by mine,like Inari said the mags are a ba***rd to reload and the paint isent the best either but other then that i think its grand in terms of power.

One thing i would love to do is to make the pistol look like this but that i reckon will cost a lot of €€.
    http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/M1911_pistol_series#MEU.28SOC.29.2FKimber_Desert_Warrior.2FWarrior_II
    (i find that website good for ideas:D)

To tell the truth i'ed love to have the ARMY version as it has the markings and has a better external finish on it,but for now i'm grand with the WE.

In terms of the gas usage i reckon that the WE is just the Audi of airsoft pistols,there gas guzzlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Army are releasing a desert warrior kimber soon actually, i'm gonna have that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Yeah, heard very good things about the Army MEU. I've been pretty tempted by the guarder custom marui, http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-m-e-u-soc-45-custom-airsoft-gbb-pistol.html. Can't find a single review of it though.:(
    Is that the Tokyo Marui 1911 MEU your thinking of getting:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

jayod30 wrote: »
    Is that the Tokyo Marui 1911 MEU your thinking of getting:confused:

Its a Marui one upgraded and customised by Guarder;)

Its a Marui one upgraded and customised by Guarder;)

Yup, just a marui in a metal body with a new recoil spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Gaurder kits are alright, but there are nicer kits to be gotten if it were me i'd buy the standard tm and save a bit for a better kit, uncompany have a great selection of gbb bits

Link or name to said kits? Please:D

mle1324 wrote: »

Silly me has only realized that The Unit is the only TV show/Film that features a MEU to date.
    Bit unusual does anybody think?:confused:

Advertisement