Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With Trying to Confirm My Identity On Ebay

Options
  • 26-06-2009 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

im trying to place an offer on an item on ebay.ie , i click on the item, then on place BEST OFFER, it allows me to enter the amount i want to offer but when i click on CONFIRM OFFER it redirects me to a page called CONFIRM MY IDENTITY. Basically it asks me to enter my credit card details (it says once off process as part of ebays clamp down on illegitimate users) but of course i entered in all my details correct and get an error saying please enter a valid card number. I have a feeling it has something got to do with my postcode as ebay.ie has a sever problem with this, people who dont live in cities will not have a numerical postcode and the postcode columns will only accept numerical postcodes and the only option around this is to enter DEFAULT as your postcode, so when i enter my card details they will not match up with my address of my credit card company as i cant enter my proper postcode..

I have rang ebay.ie and basically they dont have a clue, first of all told me that they were preforming maintenance on the site on friday and that was the problem but i told them that i tried doing this yesterday (thursday) and got the same problem so then she told me to clear my internet cache and re-start my computer on saturday on see if the problem still exists. absolute bull****

Has anyone else encountered this problem yet and solved it, if so can you let me know how please......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

When you were clicking on the tabs at the top did you click one to high? Consumer issues is just above Online Buying & Auctions

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

yep my mistake, have it in the proper section now...........

Advertisement