Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin nüvi 7x5 765T or 775T owner update the firmware

Options
  • 26-06-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

From Garmin
    If you own a Garmin nüvi 7x5 series sat-nav, for example, a 765T or 775T please go to Garmin's web site immediately and update the firmware on your device to Version 3.60. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you do this.

Last Monday, 22nd June, a number of owners of 765T and 775T started to report problems acquiring satellites on their devices. Evenutally the units would power down and it is impossible to restart the sat-nav - they are completely dead and have to be replaced by Garmin.

We spoke to Garmin and while they are loathe to say what is wrong we think there is a bug in the current firmware version 3.3 that is related to the almanac on the device.

The long and short is that this bug could completely kill your GPS and you could lose all the locations that you have saved on your device.

Garmin have released a firmware update, Version 3.6, so before you do anything with your device today - make sure you update it.

This email has been created in haste because it is very important that owners of Garmin nüvi 7x5 devices update the firmware on the units.

If you have friends or colleagues with nuvi 765T or 775T please forward this email to them.

sorry wrong place mod please move to GPS thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Modedit: Thread moved to GPS as per request.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Yup unfortunatley i got this message too late - happened me and every other user worldwide of this device!! Unreal the ****e controls they have these days. This was my second nuvi 775t which cost 300E the first one rebooted randomly so garmin replaced it with another one in march of this year - this also rebooted randomly - and now this one is dead. Happened last Thursday evening - you may see a message appearing "software or firmware update complete" although it hasn't been updated in 3 months. The unit will then power off and will never power on again. I think it may be date related as it seems to have started happening last Monday / Tuesday - almost like a virus. Anyway if it happens you forget about emailing them for an RMA - you will need to ring them and with this happening every owner be prepared for a wait (i wasn't bad only about 15 minutes) but i suspect the queues will be longer from this week as everyones 765 or 775 dies! You will need to package, insure and return it yourself so be prepared to stump up 10 or 15 quid for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭peking97

If you're competent, and can't bear to part with it for the turnaround time, and don't mind invalidating your warranty, you can open it and disconnect the battery for 30 seconds. (There's a video tutorial on YouTube). Before re-assembly switch on to verify that it springs to life but switch off again quickly before it starts to acquire satellites. Use the Garmin WebUpdater to load Firmware Ver 3.60 and your're back in business. HTH

Advertisement