Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And that makes 3

• 26-06-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

It's weird how stuff happens in 3's...

Seeds frontman Sky Saxon dies

Sky Saxon has passed away in hospital after a brief illness.

Born Richard Marsh in Salt Lake City, Utah, the founder and singer of 1960s psychedelic band The Seeds died yesterday.

A message on his official website read: "Sky Sunlight Saxon passed over to the other side 6/25/2009 at 9:10am.

"Sabrina Saxon and Joshua Aquarian were at his side. He passed peacefully and with no pain."

His wife Sabrina wrote on MySpace: "Sky has passed over and YaHoWha is waiting for him at the gate. He will soon be home with his Father. I'm so sorry I couldn't keep him here with us."

She had previously reported that her husband had been admitted to hospital and asked fans to send their prayers and positive thoughts.

The Seeds had a top 40 hit with 'Pushin' Too Hard' in 1967 and also recorded 'Can't Seem To Make You Mine' and 'Mr Farmer'.

Saxon had planned to tour this summer as part of the California '66 Revue alongside Electric Prunes and Love.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a162219/seeds-frontman-sky-saxon-dies.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

That's 4. Ed McMahon died earlier this week too. Though I suppose nobody outside of North America would know who he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I thought Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson made three?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

y QGrqg what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

How many inflatable E.T.'s will I have to buy this week for memorials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

liah wrote: »
    That's 4. Ed McMahon died earlier this week too. Though I suppose nobody outside of North America would know who he was.

I did not know that.

better lock the door...
    death is just around the corn-ore

*loosens necktie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Who:confused:

Anyway, RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

How many inflatable E.T.'s will I have to buy this week for memorials?

Not an Alf doll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

And David Carradine, so I think we're due one more?

Never heard of him. People looking for patterns in things will find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Tom65 wrote: »
    Not an Alf doll?

Not the Queen of Hearts!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Feckin love Stewart Lee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

There was a rumour floating around Facebook today that Bruce Forsyth had died as well!

But turns out it wasn't true ... Bruce's price is always right probably bought himself out of death! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

its the beginning of the end!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Never heard of him. People looking for patterns in things will find them.
    exactly....

never heard of himm either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It was a bad day yesterday, i spotted a whole lotta people who passed away yesterday in the death notices in the Irish Independant today, and they all seemed to have died in alphabetical order.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

RIP Saxon.

To the folks looking for patterns; I heard 3 people died last weekend too. It's a bloody conspiracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

RIP

Advertisement