Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC EPC 2425 Wireless Router and Home Network

Options
  • 26-06-2009 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All,

Please can someone help me, I am tearing my hair out in frustration.

I used to be with Smart Telecom and had their Aolynk ADSL router with a DLink DI 524 Wireless router connected to it. I set up a simple wireless network by following the on screen commands and allowing media sharing, without even knowing what I was doing, it was that simple. I used this to play music from my PC library (in the office) wirelessly on my ROKU Soundbar receiver in the sitting room. I could also view photos on my TV using a Linksys WET 200 bridge (which worked for about an hour, but that's different story). I could access the library on my mobile, play the music on my mobile etc.

I am now with UPC and have their Cisco EPC 2425 Cable Wireless Router.
    Now none of this works. The Roku Soundbridge can only pick up the wireless internet signal to play internet radio, but I cannot figure out how to get it to access the music library on a wireless network through the EPC 2425. I have actually restored my PC in case the library was forever linked to the old network name or something but still can't figure it out.

Can someone please help. Do you know if it's something I have to enable on the new UPC Cisco EPC 2425 wireless router?

I did have it working for a little while by plugging the old DI 524 into the cisco EPC 2425 but then I had two networks and had to change connection using the SSID password etc. every time to switch between internet radio and the network library. Now none of this works as I tried to rest everything and start from scratch. They only worked in the first place because they wanted to, not because I had done anythng knowingly to set them up that way. I have tried resetting the DI 524 to try and set it up like this again as it was better than not being able to access the library at all, but I can't access the interface when I connect a cable from the EPC to the DI 524 WAN port (or any other).

I have no networking knowledge whatsover, any help would be much appreciated.

On a side note, it was very hard sometimes to connect to the UPC wireless for internet as it just does not show up on a scan (even standing beside it) I have changed the channel so it seems a little better.

I am ready to throw everything out the window at this stage ....please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Oh hmm i seem to have responded to the wrong thread.. Someone was asking how to get the default user/pass for this router..

I'll leave it up anyways incase he finds it.

==========
    Cisco Model EPC2325 EuroDOCSIS Is the model,

I found it next to impossible to find any info about this heap of **** :mad:

But it doesn't seem to have a password asigned to get into the basic settings when you go to the 192.168.100.1 address in your browser.

On mine it brings up the login box i just clicked ok, and brought me to a html page, clicking settings gave me the option to change the password to the router.. which i did. It dosn't give you an option to set a username.. seems the username is blank.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Yama

Thanks, I did manage to find that much info but that's all, nothing out there aboutr the cisco EPC 2425.

I did try UPC helpline but they weren't interested so I tried their other line that charges you and the guy seemed to know less about the cisco EPC2425 and computers in general than I did. Took down everything I described, and then said that he'd have to ask one of his colleagues as he hadn't a clue what I was talking about and that's the last I heard, and I presume I got charged for the 10 mins I was on the phone for no help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Just stumbled across this thread while looking for info on why dyndns.org services are not working for me on this device.

I also have a couple of media devices around the house and they all work fine since I enabled upnp in the router settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Mamolian, I could kiss you! I've spent the past two weeks trying to remember what the hell my logon for this router was...

I never thought of trying NO USERNAME and my own personal default password. No more cramming through different permutations of my own 5 or 6 passwords with different usernames and capitalisation, etc. :D

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 B1r0

@Bluefrog:

Did you find a solution to the dyndns problem?
    It has been a week since I'm struggling with this.

I also looked on having the router brindging the connection on another firewall, something like PPPOE for DSL lines (meaning I'd like to have the internal firewall with the public IP), but no joy!

This s*** of a Cisco does not even allow to telnet to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 thedmann

you need to upgrade your wireless recievers or cards,, the encryption is wp2,, some cards and pc`s cant see it ,, or change it back to the older wep encryption. then you should be ok

Yama wrote: »
    Hi All,

Please can someone help me, I am tearing my hair out in frustration.

I used to be with Smart Telecom and had their Aolynk ADSL router with a DLink DI 524 Wireless router connected to it. I set up a simple wireless network by following the on screen commands and allowing media sharing, without even knowing what I was doing, it was that simple. I used this to play music from my PC library (in the office) wirelessly on my ROKU Soundbar receiver in the sitting room. I could also view photos on my TV using a Linksys WET 200 bridge (which worked for about an hour, but that's different story). I could access the library on my mobile, play the music on my mobile etc.

I am now with UPC and have their Cisco EPC 2425 Cable Wireless Router.
    Now none of this works. The Roku Soundbridge can only pick up the wireless internet signal to play internet radio, but I cannot figure out how to get it to access the music library on a wireless network through the EPC 2425. I have actually restored my PC in case the library was forever linked to the old network name or something but still can't figure it out.

Can someone please help. Do you know if it's something I have to enable on the new UPC Cisco EPC 2425 wireless router?

I did have it working for a little while by plugging the old DI 524 into the cisco EPC 2425 but then I had two networks and had to change connection using the SSID password etc. every time to switch between internet radio and the network library. Now none of this works as I tried to rest everything and start from scratch. They only worked in the first place because they wanted to, not because I had done anythng knowingly to set them up that way. I have tried resetting the DI 524 to try and set it up like this again as it was better than not being able to access the library at all, but I can't access the interface when I connect a cable from the EPC to the DI 524 WAN port (or any other).

I have no networking knowledge whatsover, any help would be much appreciated.

On a side note, it was very hard sometimes to connect to the UPC wireless for internet as it just does not show up on a scan (even standing beside it) I have changed the channel so it seems a little better.

I am ready to throw everything out the window at this stage ....please help

Advertisement