Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda ST 1300 Sat Nav install

• 26-06-2009 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for someone that could fit a Sat Nav [Garmin Zumo 550] for me would do it myself but wouldnt know the first place to look thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

inmate2 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just looking for someone that could fit a Sat Nav [Garmin Zumo 550] for me would do it myself but wouldn't know the first place to look thanks guys.
    The clamps that come with these devices are a waste of time and your mount itself is liable to be swiped in no time. I have one on my Bros of which I had a stainless steel plate made up with 4 holes matching the mount,

I then permanently bolted this to the top yolk. The pins on these devices sufferer from Alzheimer's disease and go green with corrosion if exposed to the elements, I had one replaced under warrenty when a pin jammed and broke. I remove the whole lot if I'm not using it for any length of time and ccover the pins in WD40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

This is really really simple.
    There are a couple of ways to mount it. You can use the one that comes with it (really didnt like this as it is up on the handle bars)
    Or you could use somthing like this (which is what I have).
    http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=3

It involves 2 screws and about 10 mins to install... even if you dont know what you are doing. And it means its very adjustable so you can have it exactly the angle you want.

As for the power, you could connect it directly to you battery, Or better, There is a connector already in the loom for the cigarette lighter type plug.
    (i can tell you where to find this if you need, you dont really need to remove any fairing, just have small hands..)

this is mine...

IMG_1614.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

nice tidy job doktor

Advertisement