Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 M1 Speed Question

Options
  • 26-06-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I recently gave my friend a loan of my car for the weekend. The drove up to Dublin from the Naas road, came on to the M50 then continued on to the M1 and the drove on to Dundalk. Later in the day he drove back down the same way.
    Hes a bit of an idiot and didn't know that there are fixed speed cameras on the M50. He said he was speeding most of the way up and when he was on the M1 he said he was doing a cruising speed of 80-90 mph.
    I just wanted to know whats the likely hood that the ripped past a few speed cameras, and how long does it take to get the fine in the post?
    He said he would except the points on his license if any came for me in the post. How does transferring the fine and points from one driver to the next work? must you go to court?
    I already got a fine in the post from eflow for the toll.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

If there are cameras on that stretch we wouldn't be in a recession due to all the fines as that part has cars doing up to 120km/h every day....in fact doing 60 on that part would probably get you beeped out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Eh where are the fixed speed cameras on the M50? They were taken down ages ago weren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Murts-Rig

Are they gone? I was working in dublin 3 years ago and I remember there being a lot of talk about the speed cameras on the M50. I live in cork so I don't keep up to date on this issue. I thing I remember there being one or two up by the Airport?
    Hopefully the eflow fine is all that I'll be getting in the post.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The only fixed camera would be the one Southbound on the M1 around Dunleer - there could be talivans or mobile patrols though

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Murts-Rig

Thanks for clearing that up. The next time on were northbound on the M50 so its flat 2 da matt!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Murts-Rig wrote: »
    The next time on were northbound on the M50 so its flat 2 da matt!
    so we should expect yet another thread here on how to avoid the pending penalty points then :D

Advertisement