Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Cooper 26/6/09

• 27-06-2009 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭

Anybody listening to this show notice the poorish quality on his mic ?
    It sounded like he was on an poor ISDN/internet link although the studio guests sounded perfect...:confused:
    At first I though it was an OB but it wasn't.

Is it possible that Matt presented this show from elsewhere, i.e. his house or somewhere? He didn't mention anything while I was listening but i'm quite certain he wasn't in the studio.

Anybody here know?

I know this seems like an odd question but I know its not entirely unknown for a presenter to host a program from a home studio.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I wasn't listening to the show long enough to notice. I only heard about 5/10 minutes.

Usually always sounds perfect though - except when he leaves the mic on during an ad break :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I've been thinking that for the past few days. Terrible mic quality, and terrible acoustics in the studio - especially evident when he has a guest.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Isn't Today FM in new studios? Or was it Newstalk that moved? Either way maybe some interiour redesign went on and engineering done to accomodate the new set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

They both moved into the same place, Today FM first.

More money was spent on their studios than NT's.

The mic quality didn't used to sound like that until recently.

A.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I noticed this as well. Not on Friday but earlier in the week. Matt definitely sounded like he had a bad mic.

When did they move studios?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I noticed this also on Matt Cooper and also on Saturday when I was listening for around 10 mins around 6 pm. I kept thinking one of the speakers in the car was gone. It is only a recent thing though and they moved studios a few months ago so I don't think this is related to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Bad Microphone? sounded like he was far too close to the microphone, like he had the Mic taped to his top lip or something? sounded strange alright, like every syllable was exaggerated or over 'Pro'nounced . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Well, sounded OK yesterday, so I guess some one in Marconie House is reading Boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

did you happen to hear anything interesting during the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I noticed this also on Matt Cooper and also on Saturday when I was listening for around 10 mins around 6 pm. I kept thinking one of the speakers in the car was gone. It is only a recent thing though and they moved studios a few months ago so I don't think this is related to this.

I thought my radio was on the blink! It was bad for a couple of days last week but he sounded OK yesterday.

• Advertisement

did you happen to hear anything interesting during the show
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

Ray D'Arcy was complaining two weeks ago about an echo in the room because one of the sound tiles fell from the wall. So it could be that acting up again.

legendal wrote: »
    Ray D'Arcy was complaining two weeks ago about an echo in the room because one of the sound tiles fell from the wall. So it could be that acting up again.
    The poor sound that I heard was not related to the room accoustics but more down to the quality of the mic itself. It was akin to the quality that I hear on OBs from some country stations, in particular SS/NS, which is why I thought he may not have been in studio.
    Of course, there may be a simpler reason. Today Fm may be testing out the latest range of Fisher Price mics in a cost cutting exercise.:)

Advertisement