Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fast growing climber

Options
  • 27-06-2009 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

HI

I have this v.v.v.very nosie neighbours ( so bad when I bring the shopping home she comes out to see what I have bought ) I got the hubby to make a picket fence so that I could block her view but I want to plant a climber on it to make it look nice. Any suggestion what to plant? I would like something that will stay green all yr round but maybey flowers in the summer. I have a clematus ( sorry on the spelling lol !!) out front already and it look fab when it flowers, it grew really fast but in the winter it look awaful ( this is not at the picket fence it is around a very ugly pole at the front of house )

Thanks for any help
    mumof3angels

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Virgina Creeper will grow quickly - however it wont stay green over the winter. Mybe a nice ivy would suit. Clematis Armandii (sp) stays evergreen. Nice white flowers in winter.
    Lonicera Japonica 'Halliana' -
    an evergreen honeysuckle and sweetly scented, creamy/yellow flowers but not in Spring, when the side shoots should be pruned fairly hard. Summer/Autumn profuse flowering and a delight to walk under as it doesn't seem to be bothered by aphids like other honeysuckles, therefore no creepy crawlies dropping on your head. Very vigorous but manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mumof3angels

Thanks newbie2 will have a look for them
    Cheers

Solanum crispum Glasnevin is another option.

Vigourous grower, fragant flowers from May-September. Foilage turns yellow in winter.

solanum-crispum-glasnevin-3.jpg

Advertisement