If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW DENON AV RECEIVERS IN STOCK

• 27-06-2009 7:55am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

The new range of Denon AV Receivers, the 1610 / 1910 /2310 are now available from stock (however stock is limited at the moment, so be quick!).

Great specs and lower than anticipated launch prices - it will be another great battle between the Denon & Onkyos to see who wins out in the awards stakes this year!

Give us a shout if you are interested in the new Denons - they do look and sound exciting.

On another subject - what the hell am I doing posting on Boards at 07.50am on a sunny Saturday morning??

ATB,

JohnMc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

johnmc wrote: »
    Boardies,

it will be another great battle between the Denon & Onkyos to see who wins out in the awards stakes this year!

JohnMc

Dont be silly John you and I know Onkyo would win hands down any day!

Onkyo has the best value for money out there

Personally I dont know how they make money with all the stuff they put in the recievers,
    Although ugly Onkyo are top of the pops for me

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Kev,

Not sure I can agree with you this time - the 1910 really does appear to be a super product and until I have heard the 607 side by side with the 1910 I'm not prepared to write off the Denon (as a matter of fact MANY people in the trade are saying thet the 1910 is pretty damn special - as is the 607 of course) and with the price drop on the 1910 it really is in the running in spec terms at least!

Have you managed to do an A/B comparison yet??

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

johnmc wrote: »
    Kev,

Not sure I can agree with you this time - the 1910 really does appear to be a super product and until I have heard the 607 side by side with the 1910 I'm not prepared to write off the Denon (as a matter of fact MANY people in the trade are saying thet the 1910 is pretty damn special - as is the 607 of course) and with the price drop on the 1910 it really is in the running in spec terms at least!

Have you managed to do an A/B comparison yet??

ATB,

John Mc
    I'd agree! I was set up to buy an Onkyo 607, but after reading reviews and reading spec lists and considering the prices, I decided to take a chance on the 1910... which will be with me tomorrow thanks to John and Kenny! Now if anyone would like to lend me a 607 for the week I'd gladly do comparisons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Biro wrote: »
    I'd agree! I was set up to buy an Onkyo 607, but after reading reviews and reading spec lists and considering the prices, I decided to take a chance on the 1910...

just wondering has anyone got this amp since? its got 5 stars in what hi fi (iirc) ahead of the 4 star 607.

i'm planning on buying either one of these amps in the coming months. some user feedback would be great.

also, did onkyo ever sort out those handshake issues with panasonic neos. i have the 42g10. such issues could rule out the onkyo completely for me.

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Just to answer Technofreek first.

The handshaking problem does not appear to be a problem this year, from a retail point of view, as I have not had anyone complaining about issues with Pana TV's and the Onkyos.

I'm going to be very diplomatic and sit on the fence with this one. I have an Onkyo 806 and I have always been a fan but we have the Denon currently wired up in the shop with a Monitor Audio Radius pack and I have to say that I quite impressed. The Denon is more musical than the Onkyo but I personally think that you would be splitting hairs if you said that one was any better than the other at A/V. I prefer the look of the Denon but Okyo can run 2 subs !!! Yeeha.

It's 55/45 in favour of the Onkyo this year by virtue that I own one and I like the 5 HDMI ins and I think the Onkyo has it in terms of video switching.

Bring on some reviews from owners.....

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.