Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New recycling centre Portarlington

Options
  • 27-06-2009 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

I see all the skips etc are in place, is it finally about to open ??

I thought it might have been open for the local elecetions. But i am happy to see it, saves a drive to Portlaoise and a handy way to get rid of those big cardboard boxes and large number of wine bottles;)

For all those involved in getting it up and running.......WELL DONE !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

i second that. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

For all those involved in getting it up and running.......WELL DONE !!!

and two fingers to Ray Cribbin and the NIMBY's for opposing it.
    http://archives.tcm.ie/laoisnationalist/2007/07/02/story26268.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

But i've been told its 3 euro for a car to go in :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

But i've been told its 3 euro for a car to go in :confused:

Id stay going to the one at Super Valu if true

Dubliner28 wrote: »

if so it defeats the purpose. We are asked to recycle but then we are also asked to pay for it as well.

Go to portlaoise and its free......is it a private company running it under licence or are we being treated differently than those in Postloaise.

• Advertisement

Check here.....

http://www.laois.ie/EnvironmentandWater/WasteManagement/PortarlingtonRecyclingCentre/

We are being charged, while Portlaoise is free.

This is just plain disgusting.

Recycle to help the enviornment......but it will cost ya, either in diesel to get to Portlaoise or a charge in Portarlingon:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Dubliner28 wrote: »

Are there plans for this one to be closed because of the new one opening? Seems a bit daft to have both running with glass for instance if you're paying into one of them.

Mind you, it is Laois County Council after all I suppose :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

Has it opened yet?

Has anyone tried parking outside & walking in with a bag of recyclables, to avoid the fees?

Aren't the domestic recycling bins emptied free of charge? (or do you need to pay for standard waste disposal to avail?)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kitkat.3b4t

Hi
    Does anyone know if it is possible to recycle children's toys here.....or anywhere?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Waterfall1975

Hi
    Does anyone know if it is possible to recycle children's toys here.....or anywhere?

Thanks

Laois landfill will take metal & plastic toys (ie tractors, scooters). Find it @ laois.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement