Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening a UK Bank Account ?

Options
  • 27-06-2009 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Would anyone know if its possible (and legal) to open a UK deposit or savings bank account from here ?
    Or if its possible to buy British National Savings certificates, without a UK address.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You might be able to do it from Northern Ireland if you go into a bank there. I doubt any UK bank will open an account for you by post, although you could contact one or two and suss it out. I'd imagine they'd need to see you in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭campers

Bump

Any update on this thread?

I'm looking for a UK account aswell.

I was hoping I could get an account with Northern Bank, using my current ROI address/ID, to bypass all the crap I would otherwise have to endure when moving to London (no address etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There have been many threads on this previously. The banks in NI are sometimes willing to set up an account for those who live in the ROI. Ring some branches, see what they have to say to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

LLoyds tsb deliver my current acc and cc statements to my ROI address but i did live in england for 13 years. Unless you know somebody willing to vouch for your uk bank account as a guarantor, with a uk address, then exploring the Ni banks is your best option.....just my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

A friend of mine has just moved to Derry.
    He had a Bank of Ireland account, went into BOI in Derry with statement, passport and address in the south and got his debit card in the post within a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

the co-operative bank will open an account for you u will have to call them and they will tell u to contact thier gurnsea branch who will open the account for you

Advertisement