Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FileZilla

Options
  • 27-06-2009 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I know this has been discussed many times on this thread but I couldn't find an answer so here goes!

Designed web page with fronpage, have hosting, using filezilla, all connections/ user name/ passwords OK. I can see my file on the remote site on filezilla but apparently it is not in the public folder. I cannot see a folder named public on the remote site?

Also with my messing around I cannot install frontpage ext on my c/panel, error message is "public_html does not exist or is not a directory". How do I create or get it there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Dominoid

Eventually sorted. Trying to upload from Front page first, deleted the Public file on the remote site.

Now I find FileZilla is easy to work with, just many "time out" errors!

Front page is getting bit outdated, maybe it's time to change to Joomla?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Dominoid wrote: »
    Now I find FileZilla is easy to work with, just many "time out" errors!
    The timeout errors are more likely to be your internet connection or the connection to your FTP server.
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Front page is getting bit outdated, maybe it's time to change to Joomla?
    Frontpage is a HTML editor, Joomla is a Content Management System. They are not equivalent.
    You could try Mozilla SeaMonkey which is a HTML editor and a browser and email client.
    Or KompoZer which is just a HTML editor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭lucideer

daymobrew wrote: »
    Frontpage is a HTML editor, Joomla is a Content Management System. They are not equivalent.
    He didn't say they were equivalent, he said it was time to change. Both are used to create websites - one can very easily change from using a WYSIWYG to using a CMS, and I would very much recommend doing so as I have never found a decent WYSIWYG, they are all awful. (I've used Amaya, NVU, KompoZer, Dreamweaver and ExpressionWeb)

I would personally recommend switching to Drupal over Joomla though, although each to their own. Drop FrontPage immediately though.

Advertisement