Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The pheasant

Options
  • 27-06-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Hes gonna get it!

5.30am he was giving it large over in the field. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Ciaran67, as has been mentioned before, I really think posters should keep their rants to themselves and follow the correct procedure on situations like this.

Go over and talk to Mr Pheasant or leave a calmly worded note for his attention. If this seems to be not working then write to the management company.

Do not use this forum to tarnish the reputation of Mr Pheasant.

He could be reading.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Great White

I actually really love hearing the pheasant calling out, even if it is at 5.30am. I have seen him feeding at that hour, right outside my apartment. Great see such a variety of life here.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Have to agree there Great White! I live in Seabourne, and between the Pheasants and Peacocks (over on Glenroe Farm), almost feels like I'm waking up on Foto Wildlife park!! :P Also, every evening you can see bats, hedgehogs, badgers, foxes and more outside around the grounds. I personally love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

I actually really love hearing the pheasant calling out, even if it is at 5.30am. I have seen him feeding at that hour, right outside my apartment. Great see such a variety of life here.

I know what you mean it is nice to have a bit of wildlife. We've found him very funny especially when he sees you and slowly crouches down like hes going down in an elevator. Just yesterday he was about 10 yards from the bedroom window and making a right racket.

V funny CC btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Hes gonna get it!

I saw Mr. Fox sitting on one of the mounds in the field at 7.00 am this morning, looking very pleased with himself....... gulp...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I love all the wildlife too. It really makes me appreciate being out of the city where all you are mostly to see are Rats and Pigeons.

Careful with the badgers though, have seen them around and they can be vicious if you happen to stumble near their den / warren. A local farmer told me that when he is out walking, he always carries a stick with him. Apparently if you startle or corner a Badger (even by accident), they will bit down hard on you and won't release till they hear a bone break. This is where the stick comes in handy, you break it in two and the cracking sound tricks the badger into thinking he broke your bone and he will let go.

Where am I going with this ?

Oh yeah, love wildlife :D

I love all the wildlife too. It really makes me appreciate being out of the city where all you are mostly to see are Rats and Pigeons.

Careful with the badgers though, have seen them around and they can be vicious if you happen to stumble near their den / warren. A local farmer told me that when he is out walking, he always carries a stick with him. Apparently if you startle or corner a Badger (even by accident), they will bit down hard on you and won't release till they hear a bone break. This is where the stick comes in handy, you break it in two and the cracking sound tricks the badger into thinking he broke your bone and he will let go.

Where am I going with this ?

Oh yeah, love wildlife :D

Cant get over the amount you see dead on the roads here. Driving back from Donegal a few weeks ago was like some sort of horror movie for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Yes. Tis true. Last year was a record year for broken leg hospital admissions as a result of badger attacks.NOT!!!!!!!!!. [SNIP]. Otherwise they will not, repeat not harm anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Cuddly, there is absolutely no need for the remark I removed from your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Hes gonna get it!

Sadly he has beaten you to it. Saw a dead pheasent on the SAR this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Tomato wrote: »

How has the pheasant beaten him to it? Sure he's dead ffs.

Tomato wrote: »

I saw it mate, as i was driving home myself. Then this morning at 5am i heard him in the field. I actually felt relieved!

Or was it his ghost...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I saw it mate, as i was driving home myself. Then this morning at 5am i heard him in the field. I actually felt relieved!

Or was it his ghost...

Lol.

Its amazing that something can annoy you. But if it goes you can actually miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

There was a beleaguered looking pheasant running around on the SAR up near the Kilpedder Interchange yesterday evening alright. Was only a matter of time before he got it. I don't think it was our friend tho!

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Lol.

Its amazing that something can annoy you. But if it goes you can actually miss it.

Originally wasnt really a complaint more a bit of humour. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Great White

He's back, heard him this morning.

Advertisement