Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nape microdermal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

they're a lot less likey to reject than a surface piercings.. i got sternum microdermals about 6 months ago, healing was breeze, just a lot of soaking in salt water for the 1st few weeks, and then soaking it from time to time.. tbh the shower give it enough cleaning now for it to be happy :) ... I got one taken out as the angle to the second mirco was off, i am left with a scar and it is taking a little bit longer than expected to heal, but its getting there:)

I have a surface nape piercing , which is rejecting atm, was getting it took out yesterday but due to other piercings acting up decided to give it one more chance, got the bar changed again so fingers crossed.. micro's are something that i am thinking of getting there as a replacement..

just think long an hard about it, as they are ment to be permanent, and are a bitch to get taken out :)... once you take care of it you should be fine :)

Got the micro's done in Snakebite in Dublin, and before getting them, they will warn you about the risks and everything, best bet is to go in an have a chat about it with them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I got two microdermals in my nape about 1 year ago to mimic a surface bar. They were done with the dermal punch method. Looking back I was a bit naive and not really capable of caring for them. At week 6 I noticed one of them was not completely flat which pissed me off. If that had happened now, I would have tried taping it down with "breathable" bandage for a while. But anyway so yeah I was stupid, and I removed the bitchy one myself using a clamp, which I had for DIY piercing reasons. Removal was easy and a few days later I removed the perfect one 'cus I didn't like it alone. Scarring is pretty much 99% gone and that's without rubbing any bio oil etc.
    I wish I wasn't such a clueless n00b when I got them. I must say though, if you are going to get two microdermals to mock a surface bar, just get the surface bar - well placed, good piercer and appropiate aftercare should do the job.

Best of luck with whatever you do. I love the look of microdermals/piercings on the nape.

Advertisement