Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options
  • 27-06-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

I can't get Eirtext pro to login. I have a valid o2 login, which I've checked using o2.ie, but Eirtext pro just says 'logging in' and gets no futher. Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I wonder if it's the new OS - I'm getting repeated 'login failed' messages after entering my O2 number and login password, both on the 'More' section of Eirtext Pro and on the message sending page.

Truphone has also gone rogue - it crashes if I try to add a number to the Favorites, and randomly crashes otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I am not sure if you are aware, but the developer is here on Boards.ie (lackofcolour).

I am sure he will be along at some stage to help out.

Edit: Must say, though, I have not encountered any problems since I upgraded to 3.0. I'm on Meteor, 1st Gen iPhone

I haven't used Eirtext Pro that much (it doesn't seem to work sending texts to Japan), so hadn't noticed this problem until now.

But when I went to try it, the default had reset itself to Meteor. Didn't help any when I changed it to O2, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Hi guys, I haven't seen this problem on 3.0 myself, but generally a reinstall will fix these issues.

Try this:

- Delete app from iPhone.
    - Delete app from iTunes on your Mac / PC.
    - Restart your iPhone.
    - Re-download on your Mac / PC (this is free, don't worry).
    - Sync your iPhone to install the app again.
    - Restart your iPhone again.
    - Run the app and enter your login details (make sure they're 100% correct and that the o2.ie WebText site is available).
    - DO NOT hit the Test button (I've seen cases where this has broken login for some reason)
    - Send a test message to yourself.

If that doesn't help, file a report on the support forum and I'll troubleshoot with you: http://support.appsandwich.com

Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

A re-install fixed it, the 'test' button was what screwed it up for me. Cheers Vinny!

• Advertisement

No problem, glad it's working again.

The next update will fix all of those little bugs (as well as having some cool new features and a brand new UI):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIZro7iYwe4&feature=channel_page

Enjoy!

Vinny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Hi Vinny,

Would there be anyway of adding three.ie to Eirtext pro? It is possible to send webtext using three so maybe it can be incorporated in the same way?

It would be great for us three users

thanks

Ah, that seemed to work, after a bit of fiddling around. Does the fact that it's default-set to Meteor mean that Meteor gets O2 users' password?

anoble66 wrote: »
    Hi Vinny,

Would there be anyway of adding three.ie to Eirtext pro? It is possible to send webtext using three so maybe it can be incorporated in the same way?

It would be great for us three users

thanks

It'll be in the next update, which is currently in approval at Apple. :)

luckat wrote: »
    Ah, that seemed to work, after a bit of fiddling around. Does the fact that it's default-set to Meteor mean that Meteor gets O2 users' password?

Nope. The login will just fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Excellent news, thanks :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

No problem, glad it's working again.

The next update will fix all of those little bugs (as well as having some cool new features and a brand new UI):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIZro7iYwe4&feature=channel_page

Enjoy!

Vinny. :)

WOW new version looks great, is that for the version waiting for approval from Apple?

Yup. Hopefully it'll be approved within the next couple of weeks. Very excited about this release. Cheers!

Very nice ad! Viva Vinny!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mcloke

Hi Vinny,
    I have noticed when using Eirtext Pro for a message that should be two messages in lenght that three messages get deducted from the total webtexts remaining. Are you aware of this problem, is it something to do with them being webtexts or is it that you have more characters assigned to the two texts than is correct?
    I would really appreciate your help on this as if I can only use two instead of three messages per text that would be very helpful! As a side note...one sms via Eirtext using all the characters noted by Eirtext is just one text off my webtexts total :)
    I look forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The new 3.0 version looks very impressive Vinny, looks pretty much the same as the standard iPhone text messaging, very nice!

I must say it's a brilliant app, I've only got 100 texts in my allowance and I would easily go over that by a good bit only for this app being so easy to use.

Mcloke wrote: »
    Hi Vinny,
    I have noticed when using Eirtext Pro for a message that should be two messages in lenght that three messages get deducted from the total webtexts remaining. Are you aware of this problem, is it something to do with them being webtexts or is it that you have more characters assigned to the two texts than is correct?
    I would really appreciate your help on this as if I can only use two instead of three messages per text that would be very helpful! As a side note...one sms via Eirtext using all the characters noted by Eirtext is just one text off my webtexts total :)
    I look forward to hearing from you.

I've never seen this before. Do you have the Auto CC option switch off in the More tab? What provider are you using? Also, how many characters are in the messages you're sending?

Edit: While I'm here I might as well add that the 3.0 update is under review at Apple and also features support for three.ie as well as all the new features (including push messaging).

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Edit: While I'm here I might as well add that the 3.0 update is under review at Apple and also features support for three.ie as well as all the new features (including push messaging).

Vinny, any idea of the approval time by Apple?

I've never seen this before. Do you have the Auto CC option switch off in the More tab? What provider are you using? Also, how many characters are in the messages you're sending?

I will check the Auto CC option (although I would assume it is at whatever the default is as I am not aware of it :) ) later on and let you know. The ones I can answer now are that I am using O2.ie...I tend to get to the max that eirtext tells me I can have before being in text 3 but the last one was a few characters below the limit and still used 3 webtexts. Also, it was to an international number if that makes a difference but I believe I have had the same problem with a non O2 number.

Hope it helps resolve the issue :) It is a great app either way though...very pleased with its ease of use and money saving :)
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

luckat wrote: »
    I haven't used Eirtext Pro that much (it doesn't seem to work sending texts to Japan), so hadn't noticed this problem until now.

But when I went to try it, the default had reset itself to Meteor. Didn't help any when I changed it to O2, though.

My brother lives in Japan and O2.ie certainly sends to his network.

Hi Vinny,
    OK I have checked and I don't have Auto CC turned on, I am using 02.ie. Eirtext Pro states that I have 160 characters per message (you have 159 left in message 1 after entering first character and this repeats stating in message 2 etc) and so I guess I am up around 320 or just below characters...still within what Eirtext believes to be 2 texts but I get 3 deducted from my total.
    Let me know what you discover :)
    Marie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Hi Vinny,
    OK I have checked and I don't have Auto CC turned on, I am using 02.ie. Eirtext Pro states that I have 160 characters per message (you have 159 left in message 1 after entering first character and this repeats stating in message 2 etc) and so I guess I am up around 320 or just below characters...still within what Eirtext believes to be 2 texts but I get 3 deducted from my total.
    Let me know what you discover :)
    Marie

Are you using any special characters? A fada? accented letters? € symbol? This eats up your allocation.

Hi there,
    No just plain texts...well I do include : ; ( ) (are they special?). I will try a text without anything bar letters and see how I get on :)
    Thanks

Hi there,
    No just plain texts...well I do include : ; ( ) (are they special?). I will try a text without anything bar letters and see how I get on :)
    Thanks
    Those symbols *should* be fine. If you wouldn't mind sending me a private message with the same text as a message that's doing this I can test it out and see if it's a bug.

Thanks,

Vinny.

Hi Vinny,
    You have two private messages from me with regards to this....I think I have solved your problem but test it out and let me know :)
    Marie

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

Im new to this program so sorry if this sound stupid. I have downloaded the free version and it's great so far but after looking at your video on YouTube it shows text replies. When I send a text I receive my replies in the generic message program.Also People can't reply directly. A new text needs to be created.
    Does it require the pro version and has it got the same UI.
    I'm an O2 customer if that makes a difference.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Soot-fan wrote: »
    Im new to this program so sorry if this sound stupid. I have downloaded the free version and it's great so far but after looking at your video on YouTube it shows text replies. When I send a text I receive my replies in the generic message program.Also People can't reply directly. A new text needs to be created.
    Does it require the pro version and has it got the same UI.
    I'm an O2 customer if that makes a difference.
    Thanks

The replies only work for online chat services, which uses the push notification system. They won't work for regular texts as there is no way to send them to Eirtext instead of the messaging app.

The Push sending feature will be available in the EirText Pro 3.0 update, coming soon.

Messages received from EirText Pro users will appear in EirText, instead of the SMS app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

The Push sending feature will be available in the EirText Pro 3.0 update, coming soon.

Messages received from EirText Pro users will appear in EirText, instead of the SMS app.

Hi Vinny, I keep hearing about Push, can I ask you a bit more about it, what is push used for? any other hits about it, installed Truephone the other day and asked me the same to allow Push notifications but no idea what it's for.

In general, Push notifications allow apps to show alerts even when the app is not running.

I don't use Truephone, but my best guess would be that if the app is closed and someone sends you an instant message, a push notification will be sent to your device and an alert will pop up.

For more info on Push, I'd recommend checking out the 3.0 WWDC announcment. You can find the video of it on Apple's site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 podgedurka

The app keeps telling me to connect to iTunes to enable push which I have done also the push notifications switch is on in settings but I still can't get into eirtext.. Please help

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement