Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

isup wrote: »
    untrusted server certificate

Thanks. That's a problem with Meteor's server - they're using a self-signed SSL certificate. I'll see if I can find a workaround for it, but that error is there for a reason - Meteor shouldn't be self-signing their SSL certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    Thanks. That's a problem with Meteor's server - they're using a self-signed SSL certificate. I'll see if I can find a workaround for it, but that error is there for a reason - Meteor shouldn't be self-signing their SSL certs.

thanks, i knew it was a meteor issue, its weird that it works on some phones and not on others

thanks, i knew it was a meteor issue, its weird that it works on some phones and not on others

I agree. That said, I'll see if I can provide a workaround for it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

hello any joy with the workaround for meteor.

TT09 wrote: »
    hello any joy with the workaround for meteor.

Next update is in review with Apple with this workaround included.

• Advertisement

Sounds good. How long does it usually take

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Hi,

Quick question. My g/f has downloaded the free version to try it out before buying, and she's noticed one thing; when she sends an sms which is at least two messages long, the second half of the message delivers before the first (ie it delivers in two parts rather than as one message). Not a big deal, but is there a way to sort it so they deliver in the right order?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

brophs wrote: »
    Hi,

Quick question. My g/f has downloaded the free version to try it out before buying, and she's noticed one thing; when she sends an sms which is at least two messages long, the second half of the message delivers before the first (ie it delivers in two parts rather than as one message). Not a big deal, but is there a way to sort it so they deliver in the right order?

Thanks

That's a problem with the provider. Same thing happens to me with Vodafone webtexts. Suppose EirText could invert the send order but could cause the same problem :)

any news on this meteor fix?

The workaround is in the latest version of EirText Pro on the App Store.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hi Vinny.

Any plans to release this App on Android?
    Got new Galaxy S phone, miss this app a lot!

Gucky wrote: »
    Hi Vinny.

Any plans to release this App on Android?
    Got new Galaxy S phone, miss this app a lot!

No immediate plans, I'm afraid. I believe there are a couple of apps available that do the same thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

The workaround is in the latest version of EirText Pro on the App Store.

ive just installed the latest update to etp, am on meteor, re-entered my log-on details in the app and its still not sending the txts. this app did work, although intermittently, up until about a month ago.
    any ideas?

Still wont send with meteor. Works fine on vodafone

mag wrote: »
    ive just installed the latest update to etp, am on meteor, re-entered my log-on details in the app and its still not sending the txts. this app did work, although intermittently, up until about a month ago.
    any ideas?
    Still wont send with meteor. Works fine on vodafone

What firmware are you both using? Is it jailbroken?

Do you get any errors or warnings when logging in to mymeteor.ie in Safari?

Also, does the problem occur on WiFi, 3G, or both?

Using 3.1.3 and jailbroken.
    This has always happened on bother wifi and 3g

When logging into mymeteor it just asked to accept site certificate. Then I sent the webtext.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

What firmware are you both using? Is it jailbroken?

Do you get any errors or warnings when logging in to mymeteor.ie in Safari?

Also, does the problem occur on WiFi, 3G, or both?

3.1.3, jailbroken & wifi (havent tried it on 3g).

when trying to logon to mymeteor.ie on safari it just stays stuck on the "connecting..." message

Using 3.1.3 and jailbroken.
    mag wrote: »
    3.1.3, jailbroken

That seems to be the common issue here. I'd recommend updating to 4.1 stock firmware. I've tested on both stock 3.x and 4.x with no issues.

So you think that it's Because it's jailbroken. And that 3.1.3 is not the problem?

So you think that it's Because it's jailbroken. And that 3.1.3 is not the problem?

It could be either, or a combination of both. If you want to PM me your account login details I can test it here on a non-jailbroken device to confirm that it's not an account issue.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks I will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

The most frustrating thing about this app is, it is excellent when it works.
    But when it stops working it's so annoying to get it back working.

For absolutely not apparent reason (it has been working about two weeks fine now) when I go to send a message it says:
    ERROR

Login Failed. Please check your
    account details and that your
    provider's wesbite is accessible.
    This has happened to me a few times for no reason, It's very frustrating because I'm not changing setting or even visiting Vodafones website, When your out and about its very difficult to get onto Vodafone site and reset your password etc etc, Then set up an new account on Eirtext.

Worst part is it's completely unnecessary.
    Is there anyway of fixing this without having to setup a new account AGAIN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

I've now been blocked for 24hours from my Vodafone online account due to three failed logins.:mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I've now been blocked for 24hours from my Vodafone online account due to three failed logins.:mad:

How long are you with Vodafone? I left them because of exactly that crap with their webmail service. And despite 9 months of promises, they never fixed it. Sounds more like a problem with VF rather than Eirtext I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

it's not just Vodafone, I'm having the same problem with o2. It started about 5 days ago. I aslo have been blocked from my o2 site because of too many attempted logins. I went to o2 store but they blamed the app and told me to get in touch with Apple IT. I did think it was the "my 02" app on phone( I can't login) but now I'm thinking it may be Eirtext Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

I just downloaded the free version, registered, but when I tried to send a text it says
    "Error Login failed. Please check your account details and that your provider's website is accessible."
    I'm with Vodafone. Clues?

Vodafone updated their site last night and made a change that has broken the login process within EirText.

I've identified the problem and will submit a fix to the App Store today.

Thanks,

Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Thanks vinny. Had the same eirtext problem and then visited vodafone.ie and noticed the site changes. The consume app is also affected so it's definitely vodafone changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Vodafone updated their site last night and made a change that has broken the login process within EirText.

I've identified the problem and will submit a fix to the App Store today.

Thanks,

Vinny.

I've had the same login errors for the past few days. Just saw your post now so I checked for updates.
    I downloaded the update which was available dated 31/10/2010. But I'm still getting the same problem. Is that the version which contains the fix?

• Advertisement

No, v4.0.8 will fix the Vodafone login issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement