Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Johnny08

Hi vinny,

Is that version available in the APP store yet?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    No, v4.0.8 will fix the Vodafone login issue.

When will this version be available?

Amazing how you miss something when it's gone:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Eirtext is suffering from the same problems as JellySMS on my phone with Meteor.
    it cant get into Meteors site to send the messege :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Quick question. I'm using Eirtext Free at the moment (I'm going to upgrade when Tesco have iTunes vouchers back in stock. Fantastic app, btw).

But my question is, when you go into your account and see the messages you've previously sent, how do you delete the contacts you've sent messages to as I've sent a lot of work messages of late and I'd like to clear them away to rid myself of the clutter.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

This is fcuked for me again since the last update.

I'm genuinely never updating this app again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

brophs wrote: »
    But my question is, when you go into your account and see the messages you've previously sent, how do you delete the contacts you've sent messages to as I've sent a lot of work messages of late and I'd like to clear them away to rid myself of the clutter.

You can swipe the entries to delete them.
    keane2097 wrote: »
    This is fcuked for me again since the last update.

I'm genuinely never updating this app again.

The update wasn't the cause of the Vodafone.ie issue. Vodafone changed their site and it broke the app. If you don't update to v4.0.8 when it's released, then the app will never work again for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I use Eirtxt Pro and am usually peeved that when I type part of a name for an addressee, the search goes looking for people who work for a company containing those characters as well as people with those characters in their first name or surname, this slows the search considerably for me since a huge number of the people in my address book have the company name field filled in.

Would you consider an option in a future release to allow the user to exclude fields other than the individual's name from any search?

On the same topic of names, I unintentionally once imported the names from my iTouch address book into Eirtxt and there doesn't seem to be any way to flush it out and replace it with the names I have registered on the O2 website, these are the only people I correspond with via SMS so ideally I'd like to get rid of my current Eirtxt address book and replace it with the names from my address book stored on the O2 website, is this possible?

coylemj wrote: »
    Would you consider an option in a future release to allow the user to exclude fields other than the individual's name from any search?

Perhaps. I'll look into it.
    coylemj wrote: »
    On the same topic of names, I unintentionally once imported the names from my iTouch address book into Eirtxt and there doesn't seem to be any way to flush it out and replace it with the names I have registered on the O2 website, these are the only people I correspond with via SMS so ideally I'd like to get rid of my current Eirtxt address book and replace it with the names from my address book stored on the O2 website, is this possible?

No, this isn't possible in the current build of the app. It's hard enough to maintain compatibility with the webtext sites, so I would prefer to avoid integrating with the O2 address book (or any online address book). The app will use the local address book for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

It's stopped working again for vodafone.ie. I can get into the website on safari from the same phone though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

one of the Meteor mods on their forum announced that its an iPhone problem that it cant log into their site.

is there anything i can about this or do i just have to live with it?
    this is why Eirtext or indeed jellySMS and consume wont work with Meteor customers now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    No, v4.0.8 will fix the Vodafone login issue.

Dont forget to test your software this time before releasing it will you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Hi Vinny,

Any idea when you'll be able to release v4.0.8?

Thanks

Surley wrote: »
    Hi Vinny,

Any idea when you'll be able to release v4.0.8?

Thanks

Apple are testing it right now. They're a bit slow with approvals at the moment, so I've no idea when they'll release it, sorry. Once it's approved, it'll be on the store straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Dont forget to test your software this time before releasing it will you.
    That's a bit bitchy isn't it?

The guy clearly puts a lot of work into this and gives a lot of customer support which simply isn't available for most apps. If you have read even one page of this thread it's pretty obvious the problems with the app are not caused by him but by the networks altering their websites which means the app needs to be updated and approved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

SugarHigh wrote: »
    That's a bit bitchy isn't it?

The guy clearly puts a lot of work into this and gives a lot of customer support which simply isn't available for most apps. If you have read even one page of this thread it's pretty obvious the problems with the app are not caused by him but by the networks altering their websites which means the app needs to be updated and approved.

No its not bitchy. Look through the rest of the thread. Countless times this same software has been released with bugs. Bugs that should easily been spotted with a proper testing process.
    How many times has this software had a new release only to be full of bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Baron Floyd

nice one Vinny! EirText was just about to loose prode of place on my mainbar...saved by the bell! cheers for all the hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Checked earlier today and wasn't available.
    Just saw it's now in the store. Works fine once again.
    Thanks Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

"Login failed. Please check your account details and that your provider's website is accessible.

Ok, my account details,
    Provider=Vodafone
    Description, had me puzzled - tall, blonde??
    Username=whatever
    ditto for password and number

Now as to whether Vodafone is accessible? Maybe that's where the problem lies.
    Vinny?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Ok, my account details,
    Provider=Vodafone
    Description, had me puzzled - tall, blonde??
    Username=whatever
    ditto for password and number

Now as to whether Vodafone is accessible? Maybe that's where the problem lies.
    Vinny?

Did you get the latest version which fixes the error Vodafone introduced? It was released today.
    I'm on Vodafone and it worked fine for me.

Yes, I deleted it and downloaded the new version after I saw your post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

V 4.0.8 is in app store this morning

Works for me with vodafone and wifi again.

Jelly works for me, Eirtext doesn't.

I checked there and it works for me over 3G as well.

Jelly works for me, Eirtext doesn't.

Sounds like it might be a config issue.

Your details should be as follows:

Provider: Vodafone.ie
    Description: (whatever you want to label the account)
    Username: 0871234567
    Password: (the same password that you use to log in to Vodafone.ie)
    Number: 00353871234567

Using my number as username did the trick, thanks, Vinny.
    Now, what does the paid version do that the free one doesn't?

Using my number as username did the trick, thanks, Vinny.
    Now, what does the paid version do that the free one doesn't?

Cool, no probs.

Additional features in Pro:

Free international messages for O2.ie & Vodafone.ie users.
    Landscape mode.
    Multiple accounts.
    Scheduled sending (O2 & Vodafone).
    Delivery reports (O2)
    Message history search.
    Favourites.

and a few more bits and pieces that I'm probably forgetting!

Interesting. Any chance of speeding up delivery?

Interesting. Any chance of speeding up delivery?

That'd be up to Vodafone. The app can only go as fast as the webtext site. Due to some arbitrary restrictions, Vodafone.ie is actually the slowest of all the webtext sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭muchos04

After you have sent a message, how do you delete the recipient contact under your accounts section? I have a long list of recipients now with their associated numbers and i'd like to clear so i just select the contact as i draft the text.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement