Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

muchos04 wrote: »
    After you have sent a message, how do you delete the recipient contact under your accounts section? I have a long list of recipients now with their associated numbers and i'd like to clear so i just select the contact as i draft the text.

Cheers

You can swipe the recipient that you want to delete and then tap the Delete button that appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭muchos04

Cheers for that Vinny! Worked a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Nyone know if it's planned to set this up to work with emobiles new web text service????

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

I've bought Eirtext pro, and it's great, I think.
    The thing is, how do I know which service is being used - Vodafone or Eirtext?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Eirtext hasn't been working for me over the last month or so. I'm using meteor webtxts, have full 3G coverage and free internet. When I go to send a txt the "logging in" sign comes at the top, it goes away after 2-3 seconds and then nothing happens. Just wondering what the problem could be, its up to date version as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

Hi Vinnie

my son has my old Itouch (first Gen) - he use to use eirtext pro previously - but now its not working.

He is on meteor (pay as you go) and has 300 free web texts per month.

I tried deleting and reinstalling but to no avail - any ideas how to remedy this

thanks

DFS

Is there an instruction manual or equivalent for Eirtext please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

toby2111 wrote: »
    Eirtext down for me yet again.Great app but inconsistent&unreliable.

Just to remind people the App isn't at fault. The networks do change the way the system works and the time taken to get the App re-approved so it works can take time. I wouldn't be surprised if its deliberate on behalf of the providers, notice how they don't have App's for free texts? ;)

DFS UTD wrote: »
    Hi Vinnie

my son has my old Itouch (first Gen) - he use to use eirtext pro previously - but now its not working.

He is on meteor (pay as you go) and has 300 free web texts per month.

I tried deleting and reinstalling but to no avail - any ideas how to remedy this

thanks

DFS

Meteor's working fine here. What error message are you seeing? Have you checked that you can log in to your account using the Safari browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FleurBelle

I just installed the EirText Pro on my iPhone 4. I followed the instructions for setting up my account (entering carrier network, phone number and password) but when I try to send a text I keep getting the following message:

ERROR: Login Failed. Please check your account details and that your provider's website is accessible.

Anybody else have this happen to them or am I completely missing something?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

• Advertisement

FleurBelle wrote: »
    I just installed the EirText Pro on my iPhone 4. I followed the instructions for setting up my account (entering carrier network, phone number and password) but when I try to send a text I keep getting the following message:

ERROR: Login Failed. Please check your account details and that your provider's website is accessible.

Anybody else have this happen to them or am I completely missing something?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

What network are you with? Can you access their webtext site using Safari on your iPhone?

Details should be entered into EirText as follows:

Provider: (O2.ie, Vodafone.ie, etc)
    Description: (whatever you want to label the account)
    Username: 0871234567
    Password: (the same password that you use to log in to the Provider's site)
    Number: 00353871234567

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FleurBelle

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    What network are you with? Can you access their webtext site using Safari on your iPhone?

Details should be entered into EirText as follows:

Provider: (O2.ie, Vodafone.ie, etc)
    Description: (whatever you want to label the account)
    Username: 0871234567
    Password: (the same password that you use to log in to the Provider's site)
    Number: 00353871234567
    Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the reply. I tried it again this morning and it's working fine, maybe there was a problem with the three login site or something.

The app is great! Just wondering how to activate delivery reports? When I exit the app straight after sending a txt nothing comes up. Sorry if this question has already been asked! Or is there a user guide that I can find somewhere instead?

Appreciate your help, thank you!

FleurBelle wrote: »
    Hi Vinny,

Thanks for the reply. I tried it again this morning and it's working fine, maybe there was a problem with the three login site or something.

The app is great! Just wondering how to activate delivery reports? When I exit the app straight after sending a txt nothing comes up. Sorry if this question has already been asked! Or is there a user guide that I can find somewhere instead?

Appreciate your help, thank you!

No problem, glad you got it working again.

Unfortunately, delivery reports are only available for O2.ie users. This is due to the fact that the other webtext providers do not have delivery status available on their webtext sites.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

Can you receive messages sent as a reply to a message sent by you via Eirtext/Eirtext Pro, or is it only that you can receive messages sent by someone using Eirtext?

You can receive messages from anyone.
    From an Eirtext user.

How do you receive messages from anyone if using eirtext as you sending them from the web? Also what does it mean if the sent message is showing in a grey coloured box instead of a blue box?

How do you receive messages from anyone if using eirtext as you sending them from the web? Also what does it mean if the sent message is showing in a grey coloured box instead of a blue box?

Sorry, I don't understand the first question.

Regarding sending/receiving messages:

Webtexts sent via EirText can be received by anyone with a mobile phone. They are received via standard SMS.

EirText Pro users can message other EirText users for free using Push messaging. Push messages are received in the recipients' EirText app.

The different-coloured speech bubbles in the EirText app are delivery status indicators:

O2 Users:
    Blue = Delivered, Yellow = Sent (not delivered), Grey = Not sent

All other networks:
    Blue = Sent, Yellow = Not used, Grey = Not sent

Many thanks Vinny for your reply,

What i meant by the first question is - can you receive texts to the Eirtext application?

Many thanks Vinny for your reply,

What i meant by the first question is - can you receive texts to the Eirtext application?

Standard SMS or webtext - no.

You can receive push messages from other EirText users however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Hi Vinny,
    Quick question for you.
    I have iPhone 4 and iPhone 3gs and have eirtext pro installed on both, but lately i can see in eirtext on my iphone 4 all the message sent by 3gs from eirtext.
    is this bug or feature?
    That never happened before and i would prefer not to be this way.
    Please advice.

• Advertisement

deep1 wrote: »
    Hi Vinny,
    Quick question for you.
    I have iPhone 4 and iPhone 3gs and have eirtext pro installed on both, but lately i can see in eirtext on my iphone 4 all the message sent by 3gs from eirtext.
    is this bug or feature?
    That never happened before and i would prefer not to be this way.
    Please advice.

It's a feature - I'm guessing you're with O2?

When the app checks delivery status, it has to download & import the messages from O2.ie. If you want to disable this, turn off delivery reports in the account settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

It's a feature - I'm guessing you're with O2?

When the app checks delivery status, it has to download & import the messages from O2.ie. If you want to disable this, turn off delivery reports in the account settings.

Thanks for quick reply, that explains it as 3gs is o2 but iphone 4 is three.
    Does three do the same thing? or three doesn't have delivery report function.

deep1 wrote: »
    Thanks for quick reply, that explains it as 3gs is o2 but iphone 4 is three.
    Does three do the same thing? or three doesn't have delivery report function.

As far as I can remember, Three don't offer delivery status on their site. If they ever do, I'll add support for it in EirText Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

eirtext (free) not working for me all day,wont login at all.

iphone 4 on three.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

barryd09 wrote: »
    eirtext (free) not working for me all day,wont login at all.

iphone 4 on three.

having the same issue as well for the past couple of days..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    having the same issue as well for the past couple of days..

just today now for me,rarely rarely have had any trouble with it.

are you on three aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Yep. Eirtext free has stopped working for me too (I'm with Three). Getting a 'login failed' error.

Have you tried the Three.ie webtext site? Looks like it's down at the moment: http://webtext.three.ie/login.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Have you tried the Three.ie webtext site? Looks like it's down at the moment: http://webtext.three.ie/login.jsp

Odd. I sent messages via webtext after I got the error on the phone, but now it's not working, nor is the app (still).

Perhaps it's just a quirk on their end.

Thanks Vinny.

• Advertisement

brophs wrote: »
    Odd. I sent messages via webtext after I got the error on the phone, but now it's not working, nor is the app (still).

Perhaps it's just a quirk on their end.

Thanks Vinny.

The server has probably been up and down a few times prior to this, which might explain why the site worked for you earlier. If the server's down, the app definitely won't work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement