Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not working for me now on vodafone,when i press on the account the app stops working and just goes back to the iPhone home screen,I've tried reinstalling but same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Not working for me now on vodafone,when i press on the account the app stops working and just goes back to the iPhone home screen,I've tried reinstalling but same issue

Please update your device to iOS 4.2 in iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cheers vinny I thought that might have been it as it's only happening since updating the app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ciaranosullivan

Hi Vinny,

Just got Eirtext pro and getting the login failed every time I go to send a message. I'm with three.ie, have version 4.2 downloaded on itunes. I have read the thread in full and have tried all the various intall, sync and powerdown etc. Any help much appreciated

Hi Vinny,

Just got Eirtext pro and getting the login failed every time I go to send a message. I'm with three.ie, have version 4.2 downloaded on itunes. I have read the thread in full and have tried all the various intall, sync and powerdown etc. Any help much appreciated

Did you register for the second PIN on the webtext site (http://webtext.three.ie)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 joyle

hey vinny, just got eirtext pro version 4.0.9 and i am having trouble with logging in. it doesnt say it failed, nothing comes up. When i go to send a message "logging in" comes up on the top of the screen but the loading bar remains blank.. then dissapears, and the message doesn't send.
    i have a 4th gen itouch and im with meteor.ie
    any ideas?
    Cheers..

joyle wrote: »
    hey vinny, just got eirtext pro version 4.0.9 and i am having trouble with logging in. it doesnt say it failed, nothing comes up. When i go to send a message "logging in" comes up on the top of the screen but the loading bar remains blank.. then dissapears, and the message doesn't send.
    i have a 4th gen itouch and im with meteor.ie
    any ideas?
    Cheers..

Can you access Meteor.ie and send webtexts in Safari? Do you get any errors / warnings when doing so?

i can.. but it doesn't register on the website that is send, as in it keeps sayin i have 300 messages left

i can.. but it doesn't register on the website that is send, as in it keeps sayin i have 300 messages left

So, when you send a message from the Meteor.ie website, does the recipient actually receive a message?

Yes they do

• Advertisement

Are you sure that you've set up the account correctly, for example:

Provider: Meteor.ie
    Description: (whatever you want to label the account)
    Username: 0851234567
    Password: (the same password that you use to log in to Meteor.ie)
    Number: 00353851234567

I feel stupid now
    , i had my actual name for my username, not my number. Thanks for the help vinny! :) 5 stars from me!

I feel stupid now
    , i had my actual name for my username, not my number. Thanks for the help vinny! :) 5 stars from me!

No problem, glad it's working now. Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Anyone else having issues with Eirtext Pro logging into Vodafone since yesterday? Same response as the issue a few months back when it was down for a week or so.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I am. Haven't tried the site yet though to see if that's the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

EPM wrote: »
    I am. Haven't tried the site yet though to see if that's the problem

Working online, just won't work on the phone. Stopped on Eirtext yesterday, got one sent on Jelly sms earlier but that stopped working after that as well....

It seems to be an intermittent problem at Vodafone's end:

http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/6255-webtext-troubles/

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

having problems with the vodafone site myself and haven't been able to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Vinny,

I seem to be having a problem adding a signature to my account using Eirtext Pro. I am an O2 PAYG customer and having added my O2 account I scrolled down to the signature box and entered the signature I want. Unfortunately it doesn't appear in the messages themselves when they are received and it is one of the reasons I bought Pro as I am using the o2 account for International webtexts as Three don't provide those. I will be using the sig to tell people to reply to my main number.

Ta in advance.

EDIT: I found that I can 'insert' the signature from within the message but is there any way in which it is included automatically?

brophs wrote: »
    EDIT: I found that I can 'insert' the signature from within the message but is there any way in which it is included automatically?

No, currently you have to insert the signature manually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Interesting bug here for you Vinny. I just took delivery of a boxwave keyboard buddy case - which essentially is just a fancy bluetooth keyboard. If I try to use the keyboard with Eirtext pro, the UI seems a bit screwed up. First of all, it brings up the space where the keyboard would normally be, halving the message input screen - but there's no actual keyyboard displayed - just a grey background with the 'hide'character count bar displayed in the middle - consquently looking weird, and making the text input area small, defeating the purpose of using a BT keyboard in the first place. Most apps will just leave the message input screen large when they detect a bluetooth keyboard, and let you type away. The problem occurs in both portrait, and landscape rotations.

If you view the youtube videos on the boxwave keyboard, you'll see it being used with SMS and Notepad apps, where the onscreen keyboard stays hidden, and you can type using the external keyboard making the most of the large iPhone screen.

Could you make a revision to your next version to implement BT keyboards and fix the bluetooth keyboard bug, and the onscreen keyboard bug where it tries to display it, but shouldn't be?

I'll look into it. I have support for BT keyboards in the iPad UI but not the iPhone UI. It definitely won't be in the next release though, as that's already well into testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Hi Vinny - love the app - but it hasn't worked for me in the past couple of weeks. I simply can't access the app? When I click on it, it stalls then just goes back to the Home screen. I haven't received any updates for it recently either... thanks

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Hi Vinny - love the app - but it hasn't worked for me in the past couple of weeks. I simply can't access the app? When I click on it, it stalls then just goes back to the Home screen. I haven't received any updates for it recently either... thanks

Are you running the latest iOS update? If not, please plug your device into iTunes and follow the update prompts.

If that doesn't solve the issue, try delete the app and re-download it from the App Store.

If you wouldn't mind sending on the crash reports, that'd be a great help in preventing the issue in future. There are full steps on how to do so at http://www.appsandwich.com/?page_id=225

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

I'm almost about to buy an iphone4 with the offer 3 are running at the moment but the thing that is holding me back is the fact that I am a heavy texter and I'm used to my unlimited texts on PAYG.
    I like the sounds of the eirtext app but the downside is that I'll only get to use it for my free 333 webtexts (I really am a heavy heavy texter!!). And lots of my family don't have iphones so the whatsapp really won't be of any benefit to me.

I'm just wondering is there any way that you can get any more texts to use through an app like Eirtext?
    I love the app because it wil let me text normal non smart phones, but I just need something with pretty much unlimited texts .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Whatsapp works on Nokia,Blackberry & Android phones too.
    Dont think theres a way of getting more texts tbh.
    I know vodafone do 600 webtexts,if thats any use to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I'm almost about to buy an iphone4 with the offer 3 are running at the moment but the thing that is holding me back is the fact that I am a heavy texter and I'm used to my unlimited texts on PAYG.
    I like the sounds of the eirtext app but the downside is that I'll only get to use it for my free 333 webtexts (I really am a heavy heavy texter!!). And lots of my family don't have iphones so the whatsapp really won't be of any benefit to me.

I'm just wondering is there any way that you can get any more texts to use through an app like Eirtext?
    I love the app because it wil let me text normal non smart phones, but I just need something with pretty much unlimited texts .

Keep your PAYG and use it for your SMS sessions? During these times, forward your contract number to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

barryd09 wrote: »
    Whatsapp works on Nokia,Blackberry & Android phones too.
    Dont think theres a way of getting more texts tbh.
    I know vodafone do 600 webtexts,if thats any use to you?

Thanks for the reply. yeah it seems that any of the apps that do what I'm looking for are not available in Ireland :rolleyes:
    culabula wrote: »
    Keep your PAYG and use it for your SMS sessions? During these times, forward your contract number to it?

I'm not sure I've understood you properly sorry.... that would mean continuing to top up monthly to get those texts which would mean I'd be paying €60 a month, not really prepared to jump to that yet I'm afraid but thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Thanks for the reply. yeah it seems that any of the apps that do what I'm looking for are not available in Ireland :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I've understood you properly sorry.... that would mean continuing to top up monthly to get those texts which would mean I'd be paying €60 a month, not really prepared to jump to that yet I'm afraid but thanks :)

Well, yes, if you want to do something, you going to have to pay for it down the line somewhere! :D

Other solutions: get a Vodafone SIM and benefit from 600 SMS a month to just about anywhere. Or another 3 free PAYG SIM for a further 333 free webtexts.

Look also at the following apps: heywire, YAK! and TextFree with Voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Before I download eirtext pro is it working on 3 because the 3 sales rep said I should download jelly SMS because eirtext no longer works with 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement