Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

EirText works fine with Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Strange he would say that too me. I used eirtext before on VF that's why I asked as I want to stick with it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Vinny, any plans for an Android version of Eirtext?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue but eirtext is not delivering messages for me, it sends me a notification that they are delivered but the recipient never gets them, it was fine up to two days ago, sending to the Czech republic if that bit of info helps a bit , I also got a couple of texts from eirtext/ my own number about a debug message for reports and another telling me that my eirtext push account was now verified, does anyone know what this means?
    I updated the phone last night to see if it would help but it's the same

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Anyone having issues with EirText Pro on Vodafone at the moment? Started getting an sending failed error message yesterday afternoon asking to check my account details and check that providers website is accessible. Both were in order so uninstalled it and reinstalled but still getting same error.

Jelly SMS still seems to be working....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Big Game wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with EirText Pro on Vodafone at the moment? Started getting an sending failed error message yesterday afternoon asking to check my account details and check that providers website is accessible. Both were in order so uninstalled it and reinstalled but still getting same error.

Jelly SMS still seems to be working....

I was getting this issue but then got an alert that Vodafone is having problems with texts containing brackets and quotes. Remove them and the text goes through fine

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dazbc

I can't seem to find eirtext for free - only option provided on app store is the eirtext pro app.

Can someone point me in right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

dazbc wrote: »
    I can't seem to find eirtext for free - only option provided on app store is the eirtext pro app.

Can someone point me in right direction?

No longer available, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭joebre

Moved from VF to 3 recently
    Set up new account details for 3.
    Getting error message "sending failed and asking to check my account details and that providers website is accessible"
    Do I need to contact 3 or Eirtext ?

joebre wrote: »
    Moved from VF to 3 recently
    Set up new account details for 3.
    Getting error message "sending failed and asking to check my account details and that providers website is accessible"
    Do I need to contact 3 or Eirtext ?

Did you sign up for the second PIN (for webtext) over at http://webtext.three.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭joebre

Hi Vinny

It seems to be a problem with international numbers. Test texts to myself are delivering.
    What is the link for the second pin?
    Can't see it myself on the site !

joebre wrote: »
    Hi Vinny

It seems to be a problem with international numbers. Test texts to myself are delivering.
    What is the link for the second pin?
    Can't see it myself on the site !

Three don't support international webtexts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I've set up my GF and my webtexts on Eirtext (free) as it's an app I had downloaded a long time ago.
    1. What benefit is there for downloading the full version.
    2. Is there a way of having the app itself read the incoming text from the person you are texting? Kind of awkward jumping from the messages app to the Eirtext one to reply.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Hi Vinny,

Are you having issues with Eirtext and O2? Can used it for the last week or so. In losing friends because of it.

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Anybody else having issues using O2 on Eirtext?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Vinny posted a tweet earlier that o2 had changed their page and he would submit a new version asap

Join Ireland Weather Network

thecivvie wrote: »
    Vinny posted a tweet earlier that o2 had changed their page and he would submit a new version asap

*scratches head*

Uhh... no, I didn't. App is working fine on O2 for me.

stuartmchugh, try the support forum: http://support.eirtext.com. Tons of info there and if you can't find a solution, just post a topic and I'll look after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    thecivvie wrote: »

*scratches head*

stuartmchugh, try the support forum: http://support.eirtext.com
    That was the Jellysms crew.

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    *scratches head*

stuartmchugh, try the support forum: http://support.eirtext.com

Thought I seen a tweet from you earlier, sorry bout that

No prob. Hadn't been online all day, so found that a little confusing! ;)

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    That was the Jellysms crew.

How did I confuse the 2, Should have gone to specsavers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

I updated to the eirtext pro a good few weeks back but have just found out that the texts I send still have the advertising message as if I was using the free version?
    Any idea how I can fix this?

select your profile when in eirtext as if you're about to type a message. Bottom left hand corner of screen press cog (settings), scroll down to signature and edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

cookie1977 wrote: »
    select your profile when in eirtext as if you're about to type a message. Bottom left hand corner of screen press cog (settings), scroll down to signature and edit.

Tried this but don't see how this should make a difference as the message is only coming up on some texts I send, not all of them.
    Also just there I sent a text to some and it told them it came from a strange plus 4412322 number? They tried to text that back.

Any ideas what this is? Service really is no good if it's not reliable..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gerp33

I keep getting an error when I try to log in to eirtext. I never had problems when using my old phone, but recently upgraded from a 3g to iphone 4 and now I can't log in at all.
    The error message showing up is "login failed. Please check your account details and that your provider's website is accessable." I have changed my password on the 02 website a number of times to try to remedy the situation, but to no avail.

I have tried using 3g and wifi but can't login with either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Maybe O2 have done the same to them as they did to cabbage texter:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056418780
    New policy it seems but maybe vinny can confirm this?

gerp, make sure you're running the latest version of eirtext and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Suggestion (and if it's possible to do this already, please tell me how)

I'd like to be able to Share a Contact with someone abroad by either;

a. Starting a new message and have a means to browse to the contact in Contacts from within EirText, and add it to the message

Or,

b. going to the contact in Contacts and having EirText as one of the Share Contact options - only the iPhone's own text message app can be used, as far as I can see.

Well?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Shandon wrote: »
    Tried this but don't see how this should make a difference as the message is only coming up on some texts I send, not all of them.
    Also just there I sent a text to some and it told them it came from a strange plus 4412322 number? They tried to text that back.

yea i am getting this as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

yea i am getting this as well.
    Shandon wrote: »

Incorrect number issue may be related to this thread in the Talk To O2 forum?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement