Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Do you have a hacked/unlocked iPhone?

If so, there was an issue with enabling Push with hacked iPhones (not just with EirText, but with all Push-enabled apps).

I believe this has now been resolved, but it could require a restore and re-jailbreak. It's worth doing if you plan on using Push apps in the future.

I'd recommend checking blog.iphone-dev.org for more info.

Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mithrandir

New eirtext user here. I'm probably doing something wrong but it won't pick up my webtexts. I'm with O2 and have 249 webtexts left this month after sending 1 online as a test yet eirtext tells me that I have 0 remaining. I am positive that I have entered the correct username/password. There are no error messages and I have tried deleting and then reinstalling the app. Am I missing something here?

The number will update after you send a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mithrandir

Thanks, it's working now. I was also just typing my mobile number rather than selecting a contact but I wasn't tapping below it to add to recipients so my send button was disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm having a few issues. I've not tried the solution yet as the phone is dead, and I've just seen this thread but on the following 3 configs, the app hangs at logging in and when I press the Home button to get out, and try to send a message, the message does send, but hangs on sending.

I've tried the following 3 configs

1) iPhone 3G running 3.0 Gold Master (the one that was on torrent sites just before launch of 3.0)

2) iPhone 3G running 3.0 firmware (restored through iTunes)

3) iPhone 3G running jailbroken software 3.0, and unlocked with ultrasn0w.

All 3 had the same issues. Hopefully the new update will resolve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

hey all,

I've was tortured with the 'Login Failed to 02.ie' message for a few days even though I never made any adjustments to the app itself. I noticed that in ETP settings it attempted to do something with push settings. It only dawned on me just now that I was tinkering around with the iphone's own push settings and left it enabled a few days ago.

i've just fixed the login failed by disabling the iphone's own push settings, rebooting device, and then reconfiguring Eirtext pro. Messages sent fine then after that so i re-enabled the iphones push settings again and still works fine.

hope it helps some people.......

By the way, excellent app Vinny... hats off to you good sir. (Y)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

cheers paddy, that worked for me, i wasnt able login either last few days

BOBBY wrote: »
    cheers paddy, that worked for me, i was able login either last few days

Wahey!!. :D

can i have a job vinny. :p

Bummer, it's stopped again, I sent one message can't login now on wifi or 3g.....

Bummer, it's stopped again, I sent one message can't login now on wifi or 3g.....

Hmm, still working fine here. I rebooted and still no problems. i'd mess around with the iphone push settings a bit more or disable to see if that helps. - failing that, uninstall ETP, reboot and reinstall. good luck amigo.

PP

• Advertisement

Uninstall and reinstall seems to of fixed it, should of thought that myself !!
    Sound !

I'm not exactly sure what's causing this all of a sudden. I'll have to investigate further. Thanks for reporting the issue!

vinny, previous problem sorted with a reinstall, thanks

one other small problem ive noticed a few times, after typing a message in eirtext pro and after sending it, sometimes the last word gets dropped from the message, any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

vinny, previous problem sorted with a reinstall, thanks

one other small problem ive noticed a few times, after typing a message in eirtext pro and after sending it, sometimes the last word gets dropped from the message, any ideas ?

Same here, but it seems the message is delivered in full.

The biggest problem I have now -not confined to this app - is when using tethering it becomes difficult to use messaging apps such as this and in the case of Yak, impossible, because of the 'internet tethering' banner that appears across the top of the screen.

haven't noticed any of those issues, but one bug i've noticed Vinny is that when adding a recipient to the message then deleting it this causes the app to crash back to the main screen. not a biggie by any means but better off noting it so you're aware.

PP

Thanks for reporting. I've logged these issues and will fix them.

Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tripoli8647

I'm not exactly sure what's causing this all of a sudden. I'll have to investigate further. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Just an update on this - When I reinstall / turn of push / reboot, etc - It works for a couple of texts then fails constantly.

I need to reinstall each time and reboot which obviously isn't feasible..

Ay updates on the issue / a resolution?

Thanks

I'm currently working on the problem. I will update when I have it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭spoongibbon

Just an update on this - When I reinstall / turn of push / reboot, etc - It works for a couple of texts then fails constantly.

I need to reinstall each time and reboot which obviously isn't feasible..

Ay updates on the issue / a resolution?

Thanks

I'm having this same problem for the last week or so. Switching Push on and off and restarting the phone seems to kick it back to life, but it stops working again after a few messages. As for the last few words of each text message dropping off, that has been a problem with Eirtext for months now, and has yet to be fixed in at least the last 3 updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

any update on this...

my eirtext pro, keeps saying Cannot Connect to server.. down since last week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Sorry to butt in but may I ask: what are the differences between Eirtext Pro and the regular Eirtext that is free?

Thanks

gebbel wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in but may I ask: what are the differences between Eirtext Pro and the regular Eirtext that is free?

Thanks

EirText Pro
    Send messages to EirText & EirText Pro users using Push messaging (subscription).
    Receive messages from EirText for Mac & EirText Pro users via Push messaging.
    Check message delivery status (O2.ie)
    Receive delivery reports (O2.ie & requires EirText for Mac)
    International message sending (except O2 UK, Meteor & Three).
    Landscape SMS.
    Ability to use larger font in landscape mode.
    Signature
    Message scheduling (O2.ie & Vodafone.ie only).
    Message forwarding from history.
    Dial directly from history.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tripoli8647

Morning Vinny,

any idea on a timeframe - when we should expect an updae to fix this login issue?

Thanks
    EirText Pro
    Send messages to EirText & EirText Pro users using Push messaging (subscription).
    Receive messages from EirText for Mac & EirText Pro users via Push messaging.
    Check message delivery status (O2.ie)
    Receive delivery reports (O2.ie & requires EirText for Mac)
    International message sending (except O2 UK, Meteor & Three).
    Landscape SMS.
    Ability to use larger font in landscape mode.
    Signature
    Message scheduling (O2.ie & Vodafone.ie only).
    Message forwarding from history.
    Dial directly from history.

O2 are helping investigate the issue, so I cannot give a timeframe.

I don't believe it's an issue that can be fixed with a software update, but let's wait and see.

Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FLCP

O2 are helping investigate the issue, so I cannot give a timeframe.

I don't believe it's an issue that can be fixed with a software update, but let's wait and see.

Vinny.

Vinny,
    Been using the free version for a while and works 100%. I'm willing to invest a few quid in the full version for international texts but there are obviously some issues at the moment. If you could post an update when you think you have the problems solved I'll launch into it.
    Thanks,
    FLCP

FLCP wrote: »
    Vinny,
    Been using the free version for a while and works 100%. I'm willing to invest a few quid in the full version for international texts but there are obviously some issues at the moment. If you could post an update when you think you have the problems solved I'll launch into it.
    Thanks,
    FLCP

Thanks. If you're using the free version without any issues, then you won't have any trouble with the Pro version.

The problem discussed here affects both versions of the app (not to mention any other app trying to access O2.ie, including Safari), but only for certain users on 3G.

Vinny.

The O2.ie login issue over 3G/EDGE should now be resolved.

If you're still having issues, pop over to the support forum.

Thanks,

Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hey Vinny

I'm having a problem with the message count. It shows 0 remaining, but on o2 webtext site it shows 150. I know O2 release an update on their app, because for the last couple of days it showed under the webtext "Site Unavailable", it has been resolved in the new update. Should I just uninstall and reinstall Eirtext PRO to fix this???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Sadly it still won't work for me, had to change my price plan from free o2 calls to free o2 texts :(

• Advertisement

Hey Vinny

I'm having a problem with the message count. It shows 0 remaining, but on o2 webtext site it shows 150. I know O2 release an update on their app, because for the last couple of days it showed under the webtext "Site Unavailable", it has been resolved in the new update. Should I just uninstall and reinstall Eirtext PRO to fix this???

No, I need to push out an update to fix this. I'm currently testing the update at the moment and will submit to Apple when it's ready.

The app will work fine, it's just the counter that's broken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement