Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Been using Eirtext Pro for 1 week now and it is a magnificent app. Well done to those who designed it and continue to offer support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Just a note vinney, mentioned before, not sure was it addressed in recent updates, but still getting the last word of text dropped from some of the messages, not all, but regulary enough, just happened a minute ago !!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

BOBBY wrote: »
    Just a note vinney, mentioned before, not sure was it addressed in recent updates, but still getting the last word of text dropped from some of the messages, not all, but regulary enough, just happened a minute ago !!

Cheers

The update that addresses this should (hopefully) be available in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Just an update on this - When I reinstall / turn of push / reboot, etc - It works for a couple of texts then fails constantly.

I need to reinstall each time and reboot which obviously isn't feasible..

Ay updates on the issue / a resolution?

Thanks

Hi Vinny,

I'm having a similar problem. It just says logging in and goes no further. I need to reboot my phone and then it works for a few messages. I'm a using EirTextPro on vodafone.

Please open a support topic at http://support.eirtext.com and we'll run through some troubleshooting options.

Vinny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Hi Vinny,

Got the update this morning but it keeps crashing and throwing me out of the app. Have done reset but not fixing this...

Any ideas and anybody else getting updated app working?

Hi Vinny,

Got the update this morning but it keeps crashing and throwing me out of the app. Have done reset but not fixing this...

Any ideas and anybody else getting updated app working?

Hi, please see instructions here on how to email on crash logs: http://www.vinnycoyne.com/lackofconcept/?p=221

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Hi, please see instructions here on how to email on crash logs: http://www.vinnycoyne.com/lackofconcept/?p=221

My update, applied this morning, worked for a few hours (only sent a couple of texts) and then locked me out. Refusing point-blank to launch now. Furthermore, it no longer appears to be in the UK App Store.

There was an issue with the update, so I had to pull it from the store. It's now been fixed, so I'm waiting on Apple to approve the update.

There was an issue with the update, so I had to pull it from the store. It's now been fixed, so I'm waiting on Apple to approve the update.

Great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

Hi, Eitext pro won't send on the 3G network on vodafone since the carrier update last night. can't seem to register for push. Any fixes?

Dermoth wrote: »
    Hi, Eitext pro won't send on the 3G network on vodafone since the carrier update last night. can't seem to register for push. Any fixes?

Sounds like a network issue. Try reboot the phone.

The 3.2.4 update has also been approved and is available for download now.

Sounds like a network issue. Try reboot the phone.

The 3.2.4 update has also been approved and is available for download now.

Just downloaded it: rebooted phone, too. No change, still refuses to launch. Any suggestions?

culabula wrote: »
    Just downloaded it: rebooted phone, too. No change, still refuses to launch. Any suggestions?

Working now. I was forced to delete it and re-install, which I really did not want to do. However, that appears to have fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

culabula wrote: »
    Working now. I was forced to delete it and re-install, which I really did not want to do. However, that appears to have fixed it.

Tried that myself, didn't work.

Vinny,

As per my earlier post. Eirtext Pro won't connect via Vodafone only on Wifi. It seems that the Push option isn't available in my settings. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dermot

Vinny,

As per my earlier post. Eirtext Pro won't connect via Vodafone only on Wifi. It seems that the Push option isn't available in my settings. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dermot

Can you log in to the Vodafone.ie website in Safari when on 3G?

Yes I can.

Yes I can.

Cool, thanks. Will you please send an email to eirtextpro@vinnycoyne.com and we'll take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Can you log in to the Vodafone.ie website in Safari when on 3G?

This is actually intermittant and something I've mentioned to VF with no response (as usual) a few times.

For some reason, using the Live APN only, you cannot log into 'My Vodafone'. It just kicks you back to the login prompt again. Using the HS or ISP APNs results in a 100% success rate at logging in. This is the cause, I presume, of the reason Eirtext Pro doesn't work reliably with the Live APN using Vodafone Webtexts as I presume the app is logging into 'my vodafone' behind the scenes.

Quite annoying for me as I only use Eirtext when abroad and thats when I 'need' to be using the Live APN, so more often than not either have to send a normal SMS or find some free wifi to be able to use Eirtext.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that info.

Keep pushing VF on the issue. O2 had a similar problem with their Internet APN a few months back and their engineers fixed it.

Vinnie, I have been out of the country for a while and came back and this issue now seems to be solved. So it must have been the network. Thanks for the help and apologies for thinking it was on the software side.

whats the story with the my account info badges,
    MIA since o2 took over ???

BOBBY wrote: »
    whats the story with the my account info badges,
    MIA since o2 took over ???
    bump, LOC
    as i paid for this app at the time..., any news on a fix ?

If you tap a section, the badges are still shown.

If you tap a section, the badges are still shown.
    not for me, they used to, but stopped after an update while back ??

maybe a re-install might do the trick, i assumed there was a bug...
    eta, no joy after a reinstall, prob some jb related conflict, no problem, i can live with it ! but it used work, thats the strange thing

On second thoughts, I'm actually running a prerelease version that fixes the issue. It'll be out in a few days. For some reason i thought it was out already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hi All,

With the Eirtext Pro version updated for iOS4, The new features (downloading messages sent on o2.ie, not just your history from Eirtext; fast switching; background sending, etc.) and the new UI are really nice - another great improvement by Vinny.

I have noticed on the 3Gs that it sometimes may not get past the "updating address book" stage, just returns to home screen.

Here's a tip to get it working that I discovered. If you bring up the multitasking bar, Eirtext Pro is still running down there. Where you start it from there it opens up properly and you can use it to your hearts content.

It's probably something that will be sorted soon, but overall another great improvement on an already excellent app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Well done on the Eirtext update Vinny! Looks fantastic on the iPad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lulala

I am running Eirtext Pro on an iPhone 3G so do not have multitasking. I have the same problem of not getting past the "Importing Message History" message, and the app just crashes/returns to the home screen.
    Any advice on how I can get past this so that I can use this great app?
    Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement