Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Thanks everyone! And apologies for the issues - we spent almost three months testing this build, but there are always a few bugs that manage to sneak through.

For those having issues, I'm currently working on the crashes, so they'll be fixed in the next update. You can keep track of what's going on by visiting the support forum @ http://support.eirtext.com.

There are also some tips to try if you'd like to get it back up and running yourself (although if you have a large address book - e.g. over 500 contacts - you might have to wait for the update)

If you have any other problems or suggestions, you can also use the link above.

Thanks,

Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Lulala wrote: »
    I am running Eirtext Pro on an iPhone 3G so do not have multitasking. I have the same problem of not getting past the "Importing Message History" message, and the app just crashes/returns to the home screen.
    Any advice on how I can get past this so that I can use this great app?
    Cheers.

I had similar problem to you or when it didn't crashed in the Message history I will see 1 account for eachtime I open the App, fixed it for me by deleting the app and doing a new install.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Eirtext Pro had got very slow on 3.1.3 for me (don't know whether that was O2's fault though...)

Anyway the latest version on OS4 is amazing. Fires off group mails quick as you like! Back to saving money on texts!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Dades wrote: »
    Eirtext Pro had got very slow on 3.1.3 for me (don't know whether that was O2's fault though...)

Anyway the latest version on OS4 is amazing. Fires off group mails quick as you like! Back to saving money on texts!

How do you send group texts? I could do it on the older version but now I can't. When I press group the screen goes blue and I can't select any of my contacts :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

willah wrote: »
    How do you send group texts? I could do it on the older version but now I can't. When I press group the screen goes blue and I can't select any of my contacts :mad:
    Today I just used an older group mail from my sent mails - but now I see the setup has been changed for new mails.

In a new mail you search from you contacts and add them. Then you're prompted to type your text. If you click HIDE you can then go back and add more contacts. They are displayed in the top bar as you add them.

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    Today I just used an older group mail from my sent mails - but now I see the setup has been changed for new mails.

In a new mail you search from you contacts and add them. Then you're prompted to type your text. If you click HIDE you can then go back and add more contacts. They are displayed in the top bar as you add them.

Oh thanks for that yeah have it now cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

any way i can go back to an old eirtext pro version, as a paid for app, i'm extremely unhappy with the new UI and i can hardly send a text without it crashing and returning me to home screen
    its very annoying, this used be a great app, when things were kept simple, and it just worked
    if any one can point me in the direction of an ipa i can install myself, i did pay for the app so i think i should be allowed go back to old version ?

BOBBY wrote: »
    any way i can go back to an old eirtext pro version, as a paid for app, i'm extremely unhappy with the new UI and i can hardly send a text without it crashing and returning me to home screen
    its very annoying, this used be a great app, when things were kept simple, and it just worked
    if any one can point me in the direction of an ipa i can install myself, i did pay for the app so i think i should be allowed go back to old version ?

My wife has the same problem on a 3GS with 3.0 firmware.

The older version should be in the trash, go there you should see the "Original Location" select it and restore the item, after go to that location and drag it to your Itunes it will ask you to Replace so say Yes to it, that way you get the older version back.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I'm also getting very frequent crashes when attempting to send a text. 3GS iOS4. Very frustrating when you're sending a long message.

If you're experiencing crashes, please send on crash logs so I can diagnose the problem. You can find full instructions on how to do this here: http://www.vinnycoyne.com/?p=221

You can report bugs & give feedback over at http://support.eirtext.com

Cheers,

Vinny.

• Advertisement

sent the crash report to eirtext gmail, i havent the time to be registering for sites to file bugs for $5 apps, i have at least 30 of those crash reports since yesterday,

cheers

managed to find version 3.2.7 on the webs and reinstalled it, sorry vinny hope im not stepping on toes, but the new version stinks, and i want to stick with the old reliable and easy to use version, the one i signed up for :D

If you're experiencing crashes, please send on crash logs so I can diagnose the problem. You can find full instructions on how to do this here: http://www.vinnycoyne.com/?p=221

You can report bugs & give feedback over at http://support.eirtext.com

Cheers,

Vinny.

Hi Vinny

I sent a mail with all the crash reports in the folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Hasn't crashed on me but am finding the interface rather confusing. Have yet to figure out how to compose a message on the iPad version to just a number if there is no contacts list, although i can't claim to have spent much time on it...maybe I just had one of those moments :confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

got version 3.2.7 installed thankfully, sorry vinny hope im not stepping on toes, but the new version stinks, and i want to stick with the old reliable and easy to use version, the one i signed up for :D

+1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Since I updated eirtext pro,I've been unable to send a text.Keeps saying "unable to connect to host:Vodafone.ie".Was working fine before update.Agree with others,should've left older version alone,its useless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

toby2111 wrote: »
    Since I updated eirtext pro,I've been unable to send a text.Keeps saying "unable to connect to host:Vodafone.ie".Was working fine before update.Agree with others,should've left older version alone,its useless now.

I got this a lot with the old version but seemed to settle for the past month. Now it's happening with the new version too.
    What I did, and continue to do to sort it, is disable 3g and then enable it again. Text then sends fine. Incredibly annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Previous version was un-useable for me.

But gotta say new version seems to be purring along nicely and it looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'm on meteor and it gets to ''logging in'' for a minute or two, then just returns to the menu sceen (of the app).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Mine crashes every time it's opened on 3.1.3. Go to type a text, it crashes. Re-open it,and it's fine.

• Advertisement

Still working on ironing out some of these bugs. If you're having crashes, please send on the crash logs.
    Acquiring Crash Reports

When an application crashes on the iPhone or iPod touch, a “crash report” is stored on the device. Crash reports describe the conditions under which the application terminated, in most cases including a complete stack trace for each executing thread, and are typically very useful for debugging issues in the application.

When the user synchronizes their device using iTunes, crash reports are copied to a directory on the user’s computer. If the application was distributed via the App Store and the user has chosen to submit crash logs to Apple, the crash log will be uploaded and the developer can download it via iTunes Connect. For applications that have been distributed using Ad Hoc or Enterprise methods, getting crash reports requires user cooperation. Specifically, the user will need to retrieve the crash report from the directory where it was copied by iTunes. Depending on the platform, the directory is:

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
    Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
    Windows Vista or 7: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
    <USERNAME> is the user’s login name for the computer. <DEVICE_NAME> is the name of the iPod touch or iPhone, for example, “John’s iPhone”.

You are only interested in .crash files. The crash report’s file name begins with the application name and contains date/time information. In addition, <DEVICE_NAME> will appear at the end of the file name, before the extension.

Please send crash logs to eirtext@gmail.com

Thanks,

Vinny.

with so much hassle with new app, would you not pull it from itunes and give people the old simple and working one back, 3.99 is enough for an app, but to have one that doesnt work, and is hard to navigate, thats robbery so to speak,
    people want simplicity in an app like this, not the latest features that might be available to you in your sdk

quotes from itunes from the last 2 days only....the complaints go on and on and on...and on

mmbga1.jpg
    25iq6c8.jpg
    zuqlh5.jpg
    2wr2ph1.jpg
    ip8fgx.jpg
    1z1zew2.jpg
    155gadf.jpg
    14jp1t1.jpg
    dm4ft4.jpg
    2mm93sg.jpg

Yeh Vinny,you had yourself a really good app there but for some strange reason,you messed it up.If it aint broke,dont fix it.....

And then I have people complaining that I don't update it or add new features enough. The old version had problems that needed fixing. The update was needed.

I get it - some users are having problems. I'm working hard to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. These things take time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

How do I text multiple contacts on the new Eirtext Pro?

This is the bread and butter of webtexting and what I presume most people use it for (texting a list of people regularly eg. sports teams, family, friends etc).

edit: nevermind! found out how by reading back - click hide and add more contacts.

Suggestion for next update: something for texts to be received in through Eirtext Pro, like fed in from the native text app, so that I could have a text convo without exiting the app every 5mins

Fully understand Vinny but you should just keep the app simple and easy to use,it doesnt need "new features".It'll save you headaches in the long run...

And then I have people complaining that I don't update it or add new features enough. .
    maybe we could have 2 apps, eirtext simple ui and eirtext the new one for those that like a challenge when sending a text

problem solved :D

and the customer is always right dont forget :D

Just crashes EVERY time I open it. Please fix asap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

And then I have people complaining that I don't update it or add new features enough. The old version had problems that needed fixing. The update was needed.

I get it - some users are having problems. I'm working hard to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. These things take time.

For what it's worth Vinny, mine seems tonnage sorted itself out.
    Doesn't (well not as often) crash anymore, still reckon older version was simpler.
    Is it POSSIBLE to reply to a text received without leaving the app though? I doubt this would be plausible

• Advertisement

It's not possible within App Store guidelines, no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement