Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Had a few probs initially with the update , but now all is well .Great app Vinny.Moved from o2 ,only thing I miss is that mybill app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

moved to meteor there in the last week,

web text counter is always at zero, ??

website tell's me the correct figure alright ?

whats with that, any ideas,

cheers

358ynbp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

3GS here, having serious problems, so much so that I've given up using it. It likes to crash after writing a long text and when I press send, and seems impossible to delete messages too. Wishing I hadn't accpted the update

Not much use when one is roaming 50% of the time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

APM wrote: »
    3GS here, having serious problems, so much so that I've given up using it. It likes to crash after writing a long text and when I press send

Having this problem as well.

Also can't send any texts over 3G, but can if I go through vodafone.ie on Safari...

Is there any way to step back to the old version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Hi Vinny,

Any word on whats happening with the app?Havent been able to use it in over 3 weeks now.Any progress being made?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

3GS here, having serious problems, so much so that I've given up using it.

Same here...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

..............and here - constantly crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Acquiring Crash Reports

When an application crashes on the iPhone or iPod touch, a “crash report” is stored on the device. Crash reports describe the conditions under which the application terminated, in most cases including a complete stack trace for each executing thread, and are typically very useful for debugging issues in the application.

When the user synchronizes their device using iTunes, crash reports are copied to a directory on the user’s computer. If the application was distributed via the App Store and the user has chosen to submit crash logs to Apple, the crash log will be uploaded and the developer can download it via iTunes Connect. For applications that have been distributed using Ad Hoc or Enterprise methods, getting crash reports requires user cooperation. Specifically, the user will need to retrieve the crash report from the directory where it was copied by iTunes. Depending on the platform, the directory is:

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
    Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
    Windows Vista or 7: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
    <USERNAME> is the user’s login name for the computer. <DEVICE_NAME> is the name of the iPod touch or iPhone, for example, “John’s iPhone”.

You are only interested in .crash files. The crash report’s file name begins with the application name and contains date/time information. In addition, <DEVICE_NAME> will appear at the end of the file name, before the extension.

Please send crash logs to eirtext@gmail.com

I would also recommend that you report any issues over at http://support.eirtext.com

Thanks,

Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

writhen wrote: »
    ..............and here - constantly crashing.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    I would also recommend that you report any issues over at http://support.eirtext.com

Thanks,

Vinny.

With all respect Vinny, we paid for your product to use it without hassle, not to beta test it for you. Can you not restore a fully working version of Eirtext pro on the app store?

• Advertisement

With all respect Vinny, we paid for your product to use it without hassle, not to beta test it for you. Can you not restore a fully working version of Eirtext pro on the app store?

We tested for months before releasing the app to the store. Neither myself nor my testers picked up on these issues. Bugs slipped through, and I'm fixing them. These things happen.

There are a lot of users running the 4.x version without incident. Pushing out an old version as an update would essentially downgrade everyone - including those happy on 4.x. This would only make things worse.

I really wish there was a better way, but there isn't. Updates are with additional testers right now and will be submitted to Apple as soon as I have confirmation that everything is hunky dory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

We tested for months before releasing the app to the store. Neither myself nor my testers picked up on these issues. Bugs slipped through, and I'm fixing them. These things happen.

There are a lot of users running the 4.x version without incident. Pushing out an old version as an update would essentially downgrade everyone - including those happy on 4.x. This would only make things worse.

I really wish there was a better way, but there isn't. Updates are with additional testers right now and will be submitted to Apple as soon as I have confirmation that everything is hunky dory.

If you want me to test let me know I'm on 3.1.3 on a 3g and also have problems with the existing version of the Eirtext Pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 shortcircut

I've loved using eirtext pro and over the past while it's saved me a fortune texting family in the north, but it's been littered with problems for the past while.. so I've just got Jelly SMS. It works just like the old eirtext pro and so far hassle free. Will try going back to Eirtext in a few months when the bugs are finally fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Still wont work after latest update. Anyone else? I've started using the free version of jelly sms that's working fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Works great again now on my iPod touch. Will test on my iPhone 3GS both on ios4 and 4.1 tomorrow. The import of address book to the app was poor before. Now use of actual address book is much better. Hoping that it works on 3G again and not just wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Doesn't work for me either,just says logging in...but nothing sends??what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Doesn't seem to be working for me either - just spends ages saying "Logging in", then the message appears in my outbox, but my number of webtexts doesn't decrease...

Doesn't work on my iPhone 3GS on ios 4.01 and latest version of eirtext pro. It goes past logging in to vodafone but then doesn't send the message. It stays as a grey message in the message list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Folks there's a new update available to download today.
    Have just installed it, and seems to be back to it's former glory!
    Fairplay to Vinnie for listening to our concerns!

Back to five star App again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

former glory how, reliable now i assume,
    what about the imo crap UI, is it still the new layout ?

• Advertisement

What time? I downloaded one last night and that's the one that won't work on 3g

Now I'm locked out of my vodafone account. Not good

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Anyone know how to clear the list of recipients (not just the messages) in pro?

ashleey wrote: »
    What time? I downloaded one last night and that's the one that won't work on 3g
    ashleey wrote: »
    Now I'm locked out of my vodafone account. Not good

Hi Ashley, I see you've posted on the EirText support forum too. I'm looking into this issue for you at the moment.
    Iomega Man wrote: »
    Anyone know how to clear the list of recipients (not just the messages) in pro?

You can't clear the list all at once, but you can tap the contact to delete from the list.

Alternatively, you can swipe the group to delete the entire thing (i.e. contact list & message history).

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Thanks for that Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I also intstalled the new version today. It still doesn't work. One head wrecking app

Deedsie wrote: »
    I also intstalled the new version today. It still doesn't work. One head wrecking app

What issues are you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi Vinny

works ok for me on 3.1.3 on 3g but are delivery reports not showing status any longer? I sent a txt and still show as not deliver even that I know was deliver.

Thanks

Thanks vinny. It is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

What issues are you having?

I'm on meteor and i can't send any messages oof eirtext pro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement