Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

new iphone, new ios, same frickin problems, giving up on this for good, bought jelly sms pro

should get a refund tbh, but couldnt be arsed
    i'd imagine i'd be chasing my tail

eta jelly has the feel of old eirtext, and is nicely coloured, why didnt i get this yonks ago !!

get jelly pro folks, for a hassle free experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I agree Bobby,thought the probs were going to be fixed with the recent update...no chance.Whats the story now Vinny???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

BOBBY wrote: »
    new iphone, new ios, same frickin problems,
    toby2111 wrote: »
    I agree Bobby,thought the probs were going to be fixed with the recent update...no chance.Whats the story now Vinny???

What problems are you having?

What network are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

message doesn't send, the little spinning icon stays spinning

i'm gone, forget it,

thanks

Im with Vodafone,was working 4 weeks ago!It says logging in for about 10-15 seconds but message doesnt send.I appreciate the fact it takes time to fix bugs but its been over 4 weeks since I was able to send message using pro.

• Advertisement

BOBBY wrote: »
    message doesn't send, the little spinning icon stays spinning

i'm gone, forget it,

thanks

I'd prefer not to. I'd like to fix the issue.

toby2111 wrote: »
    Im with Vodafone,was working 4 weeks ago!It says logging in for about 10-15 seconds but message doesnt send.I appreciate the fact it takes time to fix bugs but its been over 4 weeks since I was able to send message using pro.

Hi Toby, I'll send you a PM on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Vinny just downloaded eirtext pro on new iPhone 4. It has just locked me out of my o2 account. And don't ask did I put the right info in. Have to say I'm now not happy since your last update.Gave you time to sort it vin and you have failed again after all this app cost €3.99

wush06 wrote: »
    Vinny just downloaded eirtext pro on new iPhone 4. It has just locked me out of my o2 account. And don't ask did I put the right info in. Have to say I'm now not happy since your last update.Gave you time to sort it vin and you have failed again after all this app cost €3.99

If you contact O2 customer care, they can unlock the account for you.

Once they reset your password, delete the account in EirText and set up a new one with the new details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

It all works for me now on vodafone after I was locked out. I checked I was no longer locked out by vf after waiting 24 hours. Deleted the app. Power cycled my 3GS and then restored the app via iTunes. Recreated the account in the app and now it is fine on wifi and gsm. Thanks vinny for looking into it

• Advertisement

Guys,Vinny kindly helped fix my prob.app working fine now.I was putting in wrong username when setting up account(after deleting it).Appreciate your efforts Vinny,thanks

Thanks guys. If the login / locked-out issue occurs again, please let me know.

I just received this report from a user on the support forum:
    I am currently unable to use eirtext again, however, it appears to be a problem with vodafone.ie... I rang them and basically was told there is a problem on the site with passwords and it locking us out... n They are 'aware f the problem and that it is ongoing and are trying to fix it'...

Obviously, I'm going to take this with a pinch of salt, as sometimes the customer care reps can give out the wrong info.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Hi Vinny,

Firstly thanks for the app in the first place - I appreciate it takes time to do and has saved me alot of money in the past.

I also have a problem with EP (Free version). I'm currently with Meteor and was working up until very recently. I send the message as normal however it doesn't deliver - it enters the text into the conversation as if it has been sent.

I've test it on all networks and none seem to deliver.

As a make way I've downloaded JellySMS - works the same as EP however I'm not a fan of the colours although it does seem to connect faster to Meteor website.

Hope you can find a work around - thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    What problems are you having?

What network are you with?

I open the app it opens for 3 seconds and just closes EVERY time. I updated and it's still the same I got the iphone 4 today on O2 and it's the same is there anything that you or I could do to get back to the old version that I never had a problem with???

Macers wrote: »
    I also have a problem with EP (Free version). I'm currently with Meteor and was working up until very recently. I send the message as normal however it doesn't deliver - it enters the text into the conversation as if it has been sent.

Would you mind sending my your login info via PM? I'd like to test your account out here. My Meteor account works just fine.
    willah wrote: »
    I open the app it opens for 3 seconds and just closes EVERY time.

Can you please delete the app and then re-download it from the App Store?

Also, will you please send the crash reports to me? Info on how to do so can be found here: http://www.vinnycoyne.com/?p=221

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

I deleted it from the phone re-syncd it with i tunes and now it seems to be working again thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Folks, I'm not on the @rse lick here, but as of the rest of you, I experienced serious problems with this app, shortly after the update (early July or late June) however, after the recent update (this weeks) the app is once again a DREAM to use!

Initially after I updated, I was ready to scream obscenities as I seemed to be getting nowhere and the logging in note stayed on the app.
    Then I realised, on the apps settings the password seemed to be blank after the update, I quickly putty password back into the blank space, sent a text to my mam in the north, logging in appeared, changed to 'sent via o2.ie' inside three secs. Next thing the delivery status popped up on screen to inform me text had been sent.

Hassle free, easy and simple! The way an app should be! Fairplay to Vinnie for taking on board what we had been telling him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

It's still nothing working for me. Any suggestions on how I can get it to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Deedsie wrote: »

Have you tried this:
    Can you please delete the app and then re-download it from the App Store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Have you double checked your password is correct in settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

check aswell if you can login on the networks website, I'm locked out of vodafone for 24 hours by trying to send a few texts with a blank/wrong password after just updating so even if u delete and re-install that might be causing the problem.

It's asking me to pay for it again in the app store. Bad enough paying once for it, never mind twice

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It's asking me to pay for it again in the app store. Bad enough paying once for it, never mind twice

No, you most certainly don't have to pay for it twice. I downloaded the latest version yesterday, and it asked me to verify my payment options, which looked like it was asking me to pay again, but it was not. This is an iTunes thing, not an Eirtext thing.

I double checked the credit card to be sure, and no money was taken.

Thanks guys, works again. It's a great app when it works

Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for the help there lads!

I'll look into the blank password issue. That doesn't sound right at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

If you contact O2 customer care, they can unlock the account for you.

Once they reset your password, delete the account in EirText and set up a new one with the new details.

Vinny your back in my good books,but will be keeping a close eye on you

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭nickhx

Upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 wipes the stored password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Hi, I'm having yet AGAIN another problem with this app,
    When I type out my message and I press send its comes up "logging in" then it stops.

Doesn't go any further.
    I deleted the account on the app for my number, reset the password on vodafone.ie and setup a whole new account and still the same problem.

Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Hi Vinny,

In your next update would it be possible to remove the signature that 3 place on there web texts? The app works so good with the 3 site unlike VF :) Somebody in another post mentioned Jelly SMS have removed the signature and will feature in there next update. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Gucky wrote: »
    Have you double checked your password is correct in settings?

Thank you

Mine hasnt worked in 2 months.

This has fixed everything.

Vinnycoyne is there any way u can send this out to all app users, not everybody uses here and ive met other people who use this app but not boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement