Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Netbrian

Hi lads, sorry i'm new to this websites- i'm having problems with sending messages on eirtext pro it keeps tellin me log in failed when i try to send a msg. I downloaded the new update yesterday I also checked my webtext balance on o2.ie and it tells me i have 250 texts left but eirtext pro tells me i have 1 left- is anyone else havin this issue or seen this before- i've deleted and re-downloaded the app and also deleted the account info and reset it not sure what to try next?? I've been using this app for months and it's great this is the first issue i've had with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

When I type out my message and I press send its comes up "logging in" then it stops.

Is this happening on WiFi, 3G, or both?
    CFC007 wrote: »
    In your next update would it be possible to remove the signature that 3 place on there web texts?

No problem. Thanks for the suggestion!
    yayamark wrote: »
    Vinnycoyne is there any way u can send this out to all app users, not everybody uses here and ive met other people who use this app but not boards.

Other than posting a message on my website, no there's no other way I'm afraid. I wish there was.
    Netbrian wrote: »
    Hi lads, sorry i'm new to this websites- i'm having problems with sending messages on eirtext pro it keeps tellin me log in failed when i try to send a msg. I downloaded the new update yesterday I also checked my webtext balance on o2.ie and it tells me i have 250 texts left but eirtext pro tells me i have 1 left- is anyone else havin this issue or seen this before- i've deleted and re-downloaded the app and also deleted the account info and reset it not sure what to try next?? I've been using this app for months and it's great this is the first issue i've had with it!

Can you try this on WiFi and let me know if you get the same error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    Is this happening on WiFi, 3G, or both?

Through both.

Through both.

Would you mind sending me a PM with your account info? I'll check it out here and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

+1 for the latest update vinny, keep up the good work.
    Much appreciated if you could also look into 3 webtext signature thingy when you get chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I constantly had problems with the app saying Unable to connect. Disabled and re-enabling 3G always fixed it and allowed me to send texts.

The last update, a week or so ago now?, seemed to fix this issue. Worked perfectly for a few days.

Since then I just get a Logging in... message and then nothing. All messages appear to have an Unknown sending status in Message Details and it doesn't even seem to be working on Wifi. iPhone 3GS and iPad. Is this an issue with the wonderful Vodafone site?

Any ideas?

Edit: I went into settings and password was blank - how the feck could that happen? I put it back in and no change. Uninstalled and reinstalled and no change. Went to vodafone.ie website to log in, something I haven't done in months, and it said my account is now locked after 5 successive failed attempts to login. Really don't see how that's possible since I had the browser set to remember the password so all I was doing was clicking the Login button. This is weird. And feckin' annoying. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

I constantly had problems with the app saying Unable to connect. Disabled and re-enabling 3G always fixed it and allowed me to send texts.

The last update, a week or so ago now?, seemed to fix this issue. Worked perfectly for a few days.

Since then I just get a Logging in... message and then nothing. All messages appear to have an Unknown sending status in Message Details and it doesn't even seem to be working on Wifi. iPhone 3GS and iPad. Is this an issue with the wonderful Vodafone site?

Any ideas?

Edit: I went into settings and password was blank - how the feck could that happen? I put it back in and no change. Uninstalled and reinstalled and no change. Went to vodafone.ie website to log in, something I haven't done in months, and it said my account is now locked after 5 successive failed attempts to login. Really don't see how that's possible since I had the browser set to remember the password so all I was doing was clicking the Login button. This is weird. And feckin' annoying. :(

Every time eirtext attempted to log into vodafone it would be recorded as an unsuccessful log in attempt. Leave it for 24 hours and then try to log in directly on the vodafone website. Assuming that works, then try eirtext (but ensure the correct password is entered). I find that quite often the problem is with the vodafone website (it's beyond rubbish) and not eirtext

PMC999 wrote: »
    Every time eirtext attempted to log into vodafone it would be recorded as an unsuccessful log in attempt. Leave it for 24 hours and then try to log in directly on the vodafone website. Assuming that works, then try eirtext (but ensure the correct password is entered). I find that quite often the problem is with the vodafone website (it's beyond rubbish) and not eirtext

I'll give that a go tomorrow.
    Still don't understand how the password got cleared from Eirtext though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

PMC999 wrote: »
    . I find that quite often the problem is with the vodafone website (it's beyond rubbish) and not eirtext

+1 million, how a huge global complany can have such a poor web text interface is beyond me. Its chronic.

Issue seems sorted now. Added the password back into Settings and sent a text and shows as Sent in Message Details. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

toby2111 wrote: »
    Im with Vodafone,was working 4 weeks ago!It says logging in for about 10-15 seconds but message doesnt send.I appreciate the fact it takes time to fix bugs but its been over 4 weeks since I was able to send message using pro.
    iPwnage wrote: »
    message doesn't send, the little spinning icon stays spinning

same here... I paid for & downloaded the app 2 months ago (only app I've ever bought!) and in that time I've sent maybe 15 texts using it... rest of the time it doesn't work at all... now I'm just getting spinning icon and nothing else... very frustrating.. would like my money back :mad:

iPink wrote: »
    same here... I paid for & downloaded the app 2 months ago (only app I've ever bought!) and in that time I've sent maybe 15 texts using it... rest of the time it doesn't work at all... now I'm just getting spinning icon and nothing else... very frustrating.. would like my money back :mad:

Have you contacted me regarding this yet?

Have you double-checked your password in the account settings?

Issue seems sorted now. Added the password back into Settings and sent a text and shows as Sent in Message Details. :)

Cool, glad to hear that you got it sorted.

Have you contacted me regarding this yet?

Have you double-checked your password in the account settings?

yes I had problems with it initially which seemed to be down to VF.. kinda got sorted... in that I WAS able to send texts but had to toggle airplane mode on and off each time as I was getting the annoying 'no wifi' message... to be honest it was such a pain & taking so long I ended up not bothering

Since updates I haven't been able to send a single text... stopped trying to be honest as more frustrating than anything... until I came on here and saw it's a pretty universal problem :(

Haven't contacted you as I didn't know it was possible until I came on here

Password field was blank, have refilled, exited & tried again... now I'm getting 'no connection' error....

.....dismiss the 'no connection' message & try to send again & get the 'logging in' message with spinning icon for ages.... messages stay grey so still not sending

yes I had problems with it initially which seemed to be down to VF.. kinda got sorted... in that I WAS able to send texts but had to toggle airplane mode on and off each time as I was getting the annoying 'no wifi' message... to be honest it was such a pain & taking so long I ended up not bothering

Since updates I haven't been able to send a single text... stopped trying to be honest as more frustrating than anything... until I came on here and saw it's a pretty universal problem :(

Password field was blank, have refilled, exited & tried again... now I'm getting 'no connection' error....
    .....dismiss the 'no connection' message & try to send again & get the 'logging in' message with spinning icon for ages.... messages stay grey so still not sending

Can you check whether or not this issue occurs on WiFi? I would like to rule out problems with Vodafone's 3G network.

Also, I would recommend checking Vodafone.ie in your web browser to make sure that you haven't been locked out of your account (due to the blank password).

You mentioned the spinning wheel in your last post and now the blank password field. This seemed to be what happened to mine.

During the last few days where it was failing it just said Logging In...and then nothing except the spinning wheel.

After I realised the password was blank I fixed that. But as was pointed out above, my account got disabled because that would trigger an incorrect password attempt on the site.

Try to login to the website and if you get a notice saying your account is disabled for 24 hours due to incorrect login attempts it's likely the same issue I had. Give it a day, log back in on site to ensure that's working fine. Then add your password back into the app and try sending a text through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Anyone having problems with delivery reports on O2 through this app? It can never seem to tell me if the message has been sent. Its acting a bit crazy since the last update.

Can you check whether or not this issue occurs on WiFi? I would like to rule out problems with Vodafone's 3G network.

Also, I would recommend checking Vodafone.ie in your web browser to make sure that you haven't been locked out of your account (due to the blank password).

not sure about wifi, will try to find somewhere to check, have been on vf.ie loads without any problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Just want to say that this is a great app, but since the last update I have had some problems. I am with o2. The messages don't send frist time, I get the message log in failed. But if I resend the message then will send. sometime I have to press resent more than once for the msg to finally go.
    I use wi-fi and and experience the same problem when sending with wi-fi.
    I like the app and will contiune to use it but hope this feedback will help sort the problem for the next update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

I just can't open it lately after the update

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭The Davestator

This was a great app, but now i just cant trust it. I send messages back to people only to receive a message from them calling me rude for not replying!
    For clarity, this happens on both wifi and 3g.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Ok I have the free version, was a bit scared to buy the proper version after hearing reports about it on here. Recently updated my free version and it doesn't seem to be working properly for me now. Went to send a msg this morning wouldn't login so I checked and password wasn't in place. That's fine put password in and msg sent grand. Just tried to send a msg there and no luck. Checked password, all ok. Says logged in then sending via 02 then sending failed via 02. Now this could be a problem with 02 I'm not sure. I really want to buy the full version as in going to nz in two months but if it's going to give me problems I won't! Brill app though vinny!

*edit* just logged into 02 webtext and was able to send one fine. All my activity today was on 02 3G coverage.

not sure about wifi, will try to find somewhere to check, have been on vf.ie loads without any problems...

There are issues with the Vodafone live APN blocking some apps. If this is happening, the Vodafone site will load fine in your browser, but the app won't be able to connect. They're working on the problem, but it's another little thing that I need to check.
    Bligh wrote: »
    Just want to say that this is a great app, but since the last update I have had some problems. I am with o2. The messages don't send frist time, I get the message log in failed. But if I resend the message then will send. sometime I have to press resent more than once for the msg to finally go.
    I use wi-fi and and experience the same problem when sending with wi-fi.
    I like the app and will contiune to use it but hope this feedback will help sort the problem for the next update.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I've already put some work into this, so you should see an improvement in the next update.
    Sonovagun wrote: »
    I just can't open it lately after the update

Can you please send me the crash reports? (Instructions: http://www.vinnycoyne.com/?p=221)

If you don't mind losing your message history, you can delete the app & re-download it from the App Store.
    This was a great app, but now i just cant trust it. I send messages back to people only to receive a message from them calling me rude for not replying!
    For clarity, this happens on both wifi and 3g.

What network is this on - O2?
    C0N0R wrote: »
    Ok I have the free version, was a bit scared to buy the proper version after hearing reports about it on here. Recently updated my free version and it doesn't seem to be working properly for me now. Went to send a msg this morning wouldn't login so I checked and password wasn't in place. That's fine put password in and msg sent grand. Just tried to send a msg there and no luck. Checked password, all ok. Says logged in then sending via 02 then sending failed via 02. Now this could be a problem with 02 I'm not sure. I really want to buy the full version as in going to nz in two months but if it's going to give me problems I won't! Brill app though vinny!

*edit* just logged into 02 webtext and was able to send one fine. All my activity today was on 02 3G coverage.

Try manually quitting the app by closing it, double-clicking the Home button on your iPhone, then pressing & holding the EirText icon until the red quit button appears. Tap that to kill the app completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Try manually quitting the app by closing it, double-clicking the Home button on your iPhone, then pressing & holding the EirText icon until the red quit button appears. Tap that to kill the app completely.

Tried that, now it wont let me open the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭barry181091

I'm on meteor and I'm getting an untrustwd server certificate error for the past few days. Any solution ? I've reenteres my details into settings.

It's working for me now :D:D:D:D have no idea why though lol!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

The pro version has been bombing out constantly the last few days. Loads the splash screen and then just crashes out.
    Ideas?

tunney wrote: »
    The pro version has been bombing out constantly the last few days. Loads the splash screen and then just crashes out.
    Ideas?

Can you please delete the app and then re-download it from the App Store?

Also, will you please send the crash reports to me? Info on how to do so can be found here: http://www.vinnycoyne.com/?p=221

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

i bought eirtext pro a few months back at 2.39 i think. i moved off iphone for a while but have returned onto it with the iphone 4. i was looking at eirtext pro and seen that it is now at 3.99. do i have to buy it again?i dont see anywhere in the app on itunes that i can redownload unless i press the 3.99 button, and that would mean paying for it again.
    am i missing something obvious here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement