Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

just click buy, you wont be charged again, it'll say you already bought this item

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

I was wondering about the ability to send texts abroad... I though we were able to do that with the pro version... but it's never worked for me..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

iPink wrote: »
    I was wondering about the ability to send texts abroad... I though we were able to do that with the pro version... but it's never worked for me..?

In order to send a text via this app you would need to have an Internet connection.
    If your connected to a foreign network ie, say O2 Uk, this would count as data roaming, and would prob work out more expensive than sending one as normal, so bunless your using the app via a wifi network, it would kind of defeat the purpose of using the app for getting free international texts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Gucky wrote: »
    In order to send a text via this app you would need to have an Internet connection.
    If your connected to a foreign network ie, say O2 Uk, this would count as data roaming, and would prob work out more expensive than sending one as normal, so bunless your using the app via a wifi network, it would kind of defeat the purpose of using the app for getting free international texts anyway.

I think he means sending SMS to foreign destinations while in Ireland using ETP and/or Vodafone or O2.ie. These two nets allow it, the others don't. Of course if, you are abroad and sending to foreign mobiles, then you should be on wifi or using Three Like Home.

culabula wrote: »
    I think he means sending SMS to foreign destinations while in Ireland using ETP and/or Vodafone or O2.ie. These two nets allow it, the others don't. Of course if, you are abroad and sending to foreign mobiles, then you should be on wifi or using Three Like Home.

Ah, maybe I took them up wrong so, lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

It's broken again

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

culabula wrote: »

yes I meant sending texts from Ireland to foreign destinations using Pro... I'm with Vodafone...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 podgedurka

Quits on launch on my iPhone 4 what's going on? Otherwise great app for saving flexi units

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

Vinny

I am having the same problem (eirtext pro on Iphone £)as some of the other people ie when i try and open the app it is comming back to the home screen - it is just since the update = if i delete the app and re sync to the computer am i able to reinstall it with out paying again

Thanks

Vinny

I am having the same problem (eirtext pro on Iphone £)as some of the other people ie when i try and open the app it is comming back to the home screen - it is just since the update = if i delete the app and re sync to the computer am i able to reinstall it with out paying again

Thanks

Just delete the app, and go straight to app store and download it again, it will come up with the price, ie 3.95 or whatever it is now, but when you go to download, a message appears stating that you already have paid for the app, and therefor it's free!

Should sort your prob right out, mine is working like a dream again after doing this.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

that worked , thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭oo7tk

I have an account with my own number and its working fine but set up a second account for free texts of a business phone and the second account wont work..... When i log into my account it says " checkin delivery reports" then finished ald all works ok but the other account just says "unable to check delivery reports"???

Anyone else workin 2 o2 accounts on this app and workin???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

oo7tk wrote: »
    I have an account with my own number and its working fine but set up a second account for free texts of a business phone and the second account wont work..... When i log into my account it says " checkin delivery reports" then finished ald all works ok but the other account just says "unable to check delivery reports"???

Anyone else workin 2 o2 accounts on this app and workin???

Have you updated to the latest version (v4.0.3) in the App Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i was having problems for ages, i don't know why or see a reason for it, but the fix entailed, syncing eirtext from itunes itself, i was downloading & installing over the air on my phone, something was getting corrupt each time, i cant explain it, anyhow if you were at your wits end ! delete from itunes on your computer and phone, and re-download from the computer and not on your phone, re-sync, seems like bs i know but it works ! i couldnt use etp since june, now it works !

and thanks to vinny who really went out of his way to help me and try and see what was wrong,

if carlsberg did customer service.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

Forgive my stupidity.
    Im using Eirtext on my iPad and I'm trying to send a message to a number that isn't a contact on my iPad already.
    Is this possible because I can't seem to find this option anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

ongarite wrote: »
    Forgive my stupidity.
    Im using Eirtext on my iPad and I'm trying to send a message to a number that isn't a contact on my iPad already.
    Is this possible because I can't seem to find this option anywhere?

I posted about this a few weeks ago and got no reply. I do think I spotted something in the changelog for the newer versions that relates to this but I've yet to try it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

bkehoe wrote: »
    I posted about this a few weeks ago and got no reply. I do think I spotted something in the changelog for the newer versions that relates to this but I've yet to try it again.

I checked the notes in iTunes it mentions in the iPad version:
    "Added ability to manually enter phone numbers"
    but I can't see this option anywhere.
    The app won't let you compose a message without selecting a contact first.

ongarite wrote: »
    I checked the notes in iTunes it mentions in the iPad version:
    "Added ability to manually enter phone numbers"
    but I can't see this option anywhere.
    The app won't let you compose a message without selecting a contact first.

Tap the Edit button, then the + button. It's only available to Pro users.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

With all due respect to the developers of EirText I've had enough. My Vodafone log in hasn't worked for over three weeks now (It's valid) causing me to think texts had sent when they hadn't. I also find the message creation and contact system unusable and confusing.

I bought EirText Pro on a whim when I was in Poland and needed access to Webtexts. Personally the biggest mistake I've ever made on the app store.

ironclaw wrote: »
    With all due respect to the developers of EirText I've had enough. My Vodafone log in hasn't worked for over three weeks now (It's valid) causing me to think texts had sent when they hadn't. I also find the message creation and contact system unusable and confusing.

I bought EirText Pro on a whim when I was in Poland and needed access to Webtexts. Personally the biggest mistake I've ever made on the app store.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues.

Vodafone.ie support has been very temperamental thanks in no small part to the issues that Vodafone are having with their Live APN (see here and here).

Do you have the same issues when using the app on WiFi?

If you'd like to PM me your login details, I can take a look at the problem for you.

Thanks,

Vinny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I had a similar problem when I was in America. I bought the app spceficially to send texts when I was in America and the first day the texts sent and were received but the 2nd day the texts were "sent" according to the app but were never received

I was very disappointed and will have to resort to logging in to meteor.ie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

It seems there are ongoing problems with Three webtext. Started up yesterday, now sometimes the app reports that it can't log in, and other times seems to send the texts. Can anybody confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Having problems on three too, IOS4 I have to send every message twice, first always fails.

Also when starting a new text reciepient it fails alot of the times, not sure that can be blamed on three account.

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues.

Vodafone.ie support has been very temperamental thanks in no small part to the issues that Vodafone are having with their Live APN (see here and here).

Do you have the same issues when using the app on WiFi?

If you'd like to PM me your login details, I can take a look at the problem for you.

Thanks,

Vinny.

The issue isn't the data link from the iPhone, its the App itself. I appreciate some webtexts might fail server side etc but my Vodafone texts sent through EirText Pro never send. The App status bar says "Logging In" then goes to 100%. It doesn't vibrate however. My Meteor account works fine in EirText Pro.

I had EirText years ago when it first came out, it was great however recently it seems to be trying to do too much. Really saddened as it was a great App.

With respect, that is abit too much information to ask for. My Vodafone Account has my address and personal details on it.

Details:

Newest Eirtext Pro release
    iPhone 4 (4.0.2)

The issue isn't the data link from the iPhone, its the App itself. I appreciate some webtexts might fail server side etc but my Vodafone texts sent through EirText Pro never send. The App status bar says "Logging In" then goes to 100%. It doesn't vibrate however. My Meteor account works fine in EirText Pro.

You can have a perfect connection and still have issues with the Live APN. Vodafone have confirmed that it's an issue and that it does affect some EirText users (as well as numerous other apps).

It's also possible for the app to work with one provider on the Live APN and not with another. There's some sort of filtering or routing on the Live APN that's been completely messed up, causing timeouts and/or connection failures.

Does the app work on WiFi?
    With respect, that is abit too much information to ask for. My Vodafone Account has my address and personal details on it.

That's fine, I understand.

Thank you for the continuing help, its just annoying as its such a great App when it works.

I can't get Vodafone to work over APN or Wifi. Meteor works flawlessly.
    vinnycoyne wrote: »
    You can have a perfect connection and still have issues with the Live APN. Vodafone have confirmed that it's an issue and that it does affect some EirText users (as well as numerous other apps).

It's also possible for the app to work with one provider on the Live APN and not with another. There's some sort of filtering or routing on the Live APN that's been completely messed up, causing timeouts and/or connection failures.

Does the app work on WiFi?

That's fine, I understand.

Thank you for the continuing help, its just annoying as its such a great App when it works.

I can't get Vodafone to work over APN or Wifi. Meteor works flawlessly.

Would you mind checking the following please:

1. Log in to Vodafone.ie in your browser to confirm that you haven't been locked out of your account.

2. Double-check that you have the correct password entered in your EirText account settings.

Thanks,

Vinny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I updated EirText Pro and I've noticed an issue with it since the update. When I pick a number that already has a country code, it wants me to pick an country code regardless.

So for example, I went to text someone who has a UK mobile number and I have their number already stored in my contacts beginning with +44.

However EirText forced me to choose United Kingdom anyway after selecting their number, therefore adding a second 0044 onto the beginning of the number. It would be nice if it could check the number and verify whether a country code exists already before asking to pick another one.

I tried to remove the duplicate country code but the box at the top is very small and it was very difficult to change the beginning of the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Yes I have this problem too, I'm sure Viny will sort out a fix...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

Yes I have this problem too, I'm sure Viny will sort out a fix...

Maybe a course on testing would be better than constantly "sorting out a fix" after release.
    This used to be a great App, but its not worth the pain anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement