Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

works fine for me so far on three...tested under 3g and wifi...
    I'll keep it posted on how it goes..

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

This app has been pretty much unusable for me since ~mid May. Doesn't work on either wifi or 3G (Vodafone) anymore. The original app on my Touch that I've never updated works fine over wifi though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Driving me mad lately as well. Get 'sending failed' on O2 every time unless I restart the app, and even then sometimes it still won't send. Pretty poor show given the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I got my working today. It some how had deleted my Vodafone password. I'm still disappointed though given the money I spent on the App. Lower the price or as mentioned above do some serious testing and release bug free version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Just a note. The ipad app is unbelievably cool :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 nicbel76

i send lots of international txt messages (mostly to italy) and the o2 webtext doesnt deliever them anymore so yesterday i walked into an o2 shop and asked which was the best option for me to save money and reduce my unbilled cost (im on the iphione o2 Advance) and the guy suggested the Eirtext application... Not so sure now if it's worth it after reading all tech issues...

Does anyone know any alternative way to send text messages to other countries for free or at least cheaply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

nicbel76 wrote: »
    i send lots of international txt messages (mostly to italy) and the o2 webtext doesnt deliever them anymore so yesterday i walked into an o2 shop and asked which was the best option for me to save money and reduce my unbilled cost (im on the iphione o2 Advance) and the guy suggested the Eirtext application... Not so sure now if it's worth it after reading all tech issues...

Does anyone know any alternative way to send text messages to other countries for free or at least cheaply?

Ive had enough and moved to JellySMS. far far better and more stable. You can try the free version to test it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

It is my understanding that neither O2 Ireland nor Vodafone Ireland send to all the main Italian networks and this would be at the origin of your problem and not attributable to either EirText or Jelly.

As for what to do? Why not get one of your contacts to get you an Italian SIM? Apparently TIM allow a generous amount of webtexts each month but unlike ourselves, restrict it to a maximum of 10 per day.

culabula wrote: »
    It is my understanding that neither O2 Ireland nor Vodafone Ireland send to all the main Italian networks and this would be at the origin of your problem and not attributable to either EirText or Jelly.

As for what to do? Why not get one of your contacts to get you an Italian SIM? Apparently TIM allow a generous amount of webtexts each month but unlike ourselves, restrict it to a maximum of 10 per day.

correct me if im wrong, what u mean is that even using eirtext or jelly sms would not be delievered as o2 and VF ireland doesnt deliever webtext messages to italy?

i already have a VF italy sim which i could use in theory but that would mean havin to replace my sim every time and the iphone 4 is o2 ireland locked anyway. thats why im lookin for an on line app or solution allowing me to send international texts for free from my iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

The update works fine

• Advertisement

correct me if im wrong, what u mean is that even using eirtext or jelly sms would not be delievered as o2 and VF ireland doesnt deliever webtext messages to italy?

i already have a VF italy sim which i could use in theory but that would mean havin to replace my sim every time and the iphone 4 is o2 ireland locked anyway. thats why im lookin for an on line app or solution allowing me to send international texts for free from my iphone

Exactly, except that what I am saying is that O2 and VF reportedly do not send to certain Italian operators, such as Wind. This is based on direct reports from several friends of mine.

As for your VF IT SIM, I simply meant for you to use their web-based texts, if such exists. Tell your contacts to reply to your Irish SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

does anybody know if there is a way to change the pin number to login into three webtexts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

And any news on the resolution of the problem where a country code is added to a contact when it is not required please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

ashleey wrote: »
    And any news on the resolution of the problem where a country code is added to a contact when it is not required please?

I'll have a fix for it in the next update.

You can currently use the blue button in the search bar to open the address book and pick contacts that way. The bug only appears when searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

If you bought eirtext pro for the iPhone is the iPad version free to download.

culabula wrote: »
    Exactly, except that what I am saying is that O2 and VF reportedly do not send to certain Italian operators, such as Wind. This is based on direct reports from several friends of mine.

im trying the jelly sms and it looks exactly as you say as it does deliever to VF and (probably) TIM but not to Wind

ye the idea of using an italian on line VF webtext resource from my irish iphone is an option, ill give it a try as im not sure if i'm registered for that service and not even if it exixsts...

thanks!

Soot-fan wrote: »
    If you bought eirtext pro for the iPhone is the iPad version free to download.

Yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hi Vinny, something new has recently started appearing on mine.
    As soon as I select a contact that I already have stored in my contact list, on SOME (not all) of these contacts, as soon as I select them to send a text, the app asks what country they are in, but if I select UK it puts an extra +44 infront of the +44 that's already there.

This is a new obstacle that has just appeared in the last few days, and I have never had to do anything like this before.

Any ideas on a fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Anyone experiencing problems with Eirtext?
    I can't send a text at all with it this morning

ta
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Eirtext is gone to pot. Had so many problems with this that i have given up on it. Used to be great app. Switched to Jelly SMS, everything working perfect on JellySMS

• Advertisement

Anyone experiencing problems with Eirtext?
    I can't send a text at all with it this morning

ta
    R

Check that your password is still embedded within the app settings. Check too that o2.ie is functioning for webtexts.

Gucky wrote: »
    Hi Vinny, something new has recently started appearing on mine.
    As soon as I select a contact that I already have stored in my contact list, on SOME (not all) of these contacts, as soon as I select them to send a text, the app asks what country they are in, but if I select UK it puts an extra +44 infront of the +44 that's already there.

This is a new obstacle that has just appeared in the last few days, and I have never had to do anything like this before.

Any ideas on a fix?

It's to do with the + in the number - 0044 works fine.

I've just submitted a fix for this, so you should see it in the store in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

stuck Jelly on and it works a treat

The app not the dessert

R

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

vinny ,

What version is the fix for the international texting?

I have smae prob, it puts an extra 0049 in front of German numbers, but strangly dont do it for english +44 numbers!!

savic04 wrote: »
    vinny ,

What version is the fix for the international texting?

I have smae prob, it puts an extra 0049 in front of German numbers, but strangly dont do it for english +44 numbers!!

v4.0.5. It's not out yet - Apple are still reviewing it, but I expect it to be released very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

my eirtext hasnt been working with meteor in months, works fine with my vodafone, it says unable to login, and my passwords ok.
    anyone have a solution?

and ive now tried jelly. same issue, it must be meteor, is there a fix for this? my meteor webtext works fine

eirtext pro not working with three. keeps missing login and screwing the password even at the website such that i cant log in then until i reset password. works fine with o2.

isup wrote: »
    my eirtext hasnt been working with meteor in months, works fine with my vodafone, it says unable to login, and my passwords ok.
    anyone have a solution?

and ive now tried jelly. same issue, it must be meteor, is there a fix for this? my meteor webtext works fine

I don't know what they've done, but it only seems to affect certain users. What error are you seeing? Does it occur on 3G only or WiFi as well?
    Spipov wrote: »
    eirtext pro not working with three. keeps missing login and screwing the password even at the website such that i cant log in then until i reset password. works fine with o2.

Try delete your Three account in EirText and recreate it with the new settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    I don't know what they've done, but it only seems to affect certain users. What error are you seeing? Does it occur on 3G only or WiFi as well?

it says "login failed! unable to connect to the meteor server. error domain=nsurlerrordomain code=-1202 userinfo=0x15efa0" untrusted server certificate"

it happens on 3g and wifi, same happens to my friend on his phone.
    another friend has a iphone 3g on ios4 and he has normal eirtext not pro. and i can login and sent texts on that, but i dont want to upgrade to ios4

• Advertisement

Spipov wrote: »

got it going again. was using my3 login instead of webtext pin. keep confusing the two, why not have one password for all!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement