Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astroturf soccer in Limerick?

• 27-06-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello lads.
    I am working and living in Limerick at the moment and trying to get fit again. I play soccer at home on the weekends and would like to get playing here one night a week too. Would any people on boards be interested in playing some night?
    I dont know too many people down here that play soccer so would need a good few people. Housemate is interested so have a grand total of two so far. If there is some interest we can look at finding a suitable pitch and night.
    Thanks
    David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Suitable pitch would be the one in UL behind the New gym

• Registered Users Posts: 34 davey boy

Thanks. Any idea how much it is for an hour there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Evenings at the weekend are usually freed up this time of year I think. Theres always groups of lads kicking around. Went out there with 12 mates a few weeks back, ended up playing in a full blown 11 a side game. Might be worth a look some evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

same in LIT. three astro pitches there. Quiet enough to get a pitch if you want one, but theres always a few knocking about if you need to make up numbers for a good game.

theres usually a couple of indian guys playing cricket on the astro during the day, dont mind people joining in, can be fun for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

dropped you a pm there mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 paidiheffernan

hey there, we are a bunch of lads that play soccer in mungret all weather pitch, we are mixed bunch but get on very well. Not too competitive but enjoyable. so if anyone is looking to join a few lads for game every monday night at 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

LIT astroturf is 40 quid an hour I think. Not bad too costly at all to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Albert.gnet

Hey lads here another guy here to play astroturf if you want, if someone need players send me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Could try, St. Clements/Summerville/Young Munster they are quite cheep, from what I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

hey there, we are a bunch of lads that play soccer in mungret all weather pitch, we are mixed bunch but get on very well. Not too competitive but enjoyable. so if anyone is looking to join a few lads for game every monday night at 8pm.

Hey paidi,

I could well be interested, I've been playing twice a week at home but will be moving to Limerick next week. Mungret is feckin miles away from me though, I'm out in annacotty! I'll get back to you on it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'd certainly be on for a boardie meet-up for soccer in Limerick. UL astro is great for a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'd certainly be on for a boardie meet-up for soccer in Limerick. UL astro is great for a game.

maybe I'll set up a different thread rather than hijacking this one. We did something similar down in Waterford over the last few months and it worked well. I'll set up a thread later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 komodo09

Hey lads, i'm looking for a game of astro soccer in the Limerick city area. Available to play Tues, Fri evenings and weekends. Please send me a PM if you know of anything going on at these times. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

ossibly in for a game of astro soccer in Limerick some time.

Hey paidi,

I could well be interested, I've been playing twice a week at home but will be moving to Limerick next week. Mungret is feckin miles away from me though, I'm out in annacotty! I'll get back to you on it :)

just jump on motorway and ur there in 5 mins... i play soccer in castletroy college on wed too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 abjore

Hi Guys,

I work in LIT running the outdoor and indoor sports facilities, I have slots available at the moment for the Summer period on the Astro if anyone is interested. €40 per hour. We have 3 pitches! Just let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Dates and time would be handy!

Hi,

Monday to Friday 6pm -10pm, I will need to let me know what day and time you want and I will get back to you.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Played on the astroturf in UL every thurs night with a group for 11 yrs till the group collapsed.

Would defo be up for a game if this was gonna happen.

HI, It is actually LIT but you would be very welcome if you can get a few guys together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

KevLeppard wrote: »
    Played on the astroturf in UL every thurs night with a group for 11 yrs till the group collapsed.

Would defo be up for a game if this was gonna happen.

Feel free to join the Social Group Kev.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=252

:)

hey guys anyone interested in outdoor soccer on monday nights 8pm in mungret, (which is raheen area if ur not familar) its €5 euro a night pay as u play. great bunch of lads all sound no super stars, just out for run around. contact me on <snip> best txt me.. cheers...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

hey guys anyone interested in outdoor soccer on monday nights 8pm in mungret, (which is raheen area if ur not familar) its €5 euro a night pay as u play. great bunch of lads all sound no super stars, just out for run around. contact me on <snip> best txt me.. cheers...

Hi Paidi,

I've removed your mobile number from your post. It's usually best not to put personal contact numbers up on publicly viewed fora.

Posters interested in playing soccer with your crew can contact you via Private Message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 peter_domain

Hi how are you doing? you seem like a man who like his footy, Just moved to ennis and mad to get a game of footy, please let me know if you have anything going cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23 daithi12

hi all. Theres a facebook page just set up to help people find a game.
    just search for player short in the facebook search bar. good luck finding a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JamesAndrew21

i would be up for a game no problem since i cant find a job in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OnlyGotOneSong

i would be up for a game no problem since i cant find a job in limerick

Hi.We play on a Thursday night in UL if you want to play,there is always a space.Drop me a text 0879103177 or a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭colcar

Recently moved to Limerick and looking to get back playing a bit of footie, if any of the games on this thread are still going or anyone is looking to organise a game I would be def up for it, available any evening living in city so don't mind travelling in any direction for a game. If there's any games going please PM me, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nealcassidy

does anyone know if there are any soccer groups on early during the weekend (saturday and sunday). by early i mean around 12.00 to 17.00.

i was playing with lads in ul but it was on late (20.00) i couldnt get to sleep at night after it, so had to give it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 blueshorts

Hi, is there any football games going on at the moment, I would be interested in joining

Advertisement