If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand for a 42PF9986

Options
  • 27-06-2009 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

...so I got this wonderful TV from yourselves delivered by a nice guy from Philips this morning at an absolute bargain of 399 Euro.
    I didn't realise how heavy it actually was when I was speaking on the phone with you guys :o
    I honestly am really afraid to mount in on my sitting room wall as it's huge and heavy and I'm afraid of it falling off or something on the kids :eek:
    Walls are only plasterboard with, it seems, fairly large spacing between the joists also, which is annoying (only moved in here last few months).

Anyway, would you guys have any type of normal floor stand I could buy from yourselves or if not, could you suggest one that I could buy elsewhere that would work ok with it ?

Model of the TV again is the Philips 42PF9986.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi

Glad you like it.
    was a pretty good price!
    Well I have two that would support that set.
    The ICON AERO PLUS LUXURY STAND this has two glass shelves and screws to the back of the TV to support it. THe stand itself is blossy black with silver end caps.

This retails for €279.99

The other option is the AT312 stand, again it has 2 shelves but this one allows you to swivel the TV approx 20degrees left or right.
    It will also support one of our Ambibar systems on a bracket as well.

pop on in and have a look at both to see which would suit you.

cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Thanks Ash. Nearly the same price as the TV itself :eek:

I'll let the missus decide which one she wants though, she's on her way in to you now to have a look.

Thanks

Hi Nehaxak

How does the TV look set up on the stand??

Hope it didn't take you too long putting it all together.

atb
    Ash

Haven't built it yet Ash, I'll be setting it all up later tonight - loking forward ot it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Hop Im not robbing you of business but heard good things about these

http://www.standland.co.uk/

• Advertisement

Didn't take long to build it, lovely stand, really happy with it and the TV sits really well on it...

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Neh,

That stand is just crying out for a sound bar!

Whatyathink of the TV for €399? some deal 'eh?? Bet you are high on the brownie points league this week at home?

Thanks again and as ever drop me a line if we can help in any way!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Fantastic deal for 399 and yeah, high on the brownie points (though I'm still flying high after the recent dishwasher purchase !) Haha, oh I better stop, she reads boards sometimes !

You must fill me in sometime on the soundbar options when you get a chance, not a great deal of info out there on the interwebs (though I could be just searching incorrectly).

Thanks again for a great deal and for the stand also, still admiring it all set-up :)

Hi Nehaxak,

We do have a HTS6100 open box demo unit that we could give to you at the bargain basement price of €279.99...

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/ie/consumer/cc/_language_ie/_productid_HTS6100_05_IE_CONSUMER

Would look perfect on that stand. :D

Anyhoo give us a call or a quick post if you fancy it.

Thanks,

Nicola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Nicola,

If Nehaxak isn't interested in the HTS6100. I'll probably take it! :)

ambrose

• Advertisement

Hi Kingambrose

I'll keep you in mind for it if Nehaxak decides against it.
    Don't forget we have MANY Home Cinema options available.

This is one of my latest discounted offerings - I have a couple remaining
    The HTS6515 down from €499.99 to €349.99

www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts6515_05/hts6515_05_pss_eng.pdf

It's a very neat and discrete 2.1 system that wont take up much space under the TV but sounds great..

Call on in and have a play with it

Atb
    Ash

Thanks Nicola/Ash - I'll have to take a pass on it at the moment, thanks though for the offer and following up.

No worries Nehaxak
    When ever you need to add a Home Cinema system to you TV we'll happily do a deal for you.

Enjoy the TV

Kingambrose, it's all yours should you still need it.
    The guys tell me it has no box but all the bits and pieces are present and correct - it's the very last one and is ex demo.

Let me know what you think.

atb
    Ash

Hi Ash,

Yup, still interested. It'll go nicely with my 47PFL9732.

It's in PWO? Any warranty with it? And of course what's the very best price you can let it go for? :)

Thanks, ambrose

EDIT: Which shop is it in btw?

Hi Ambrose

It's in Richer Belfast, but if it helps it can be sent down here.
    There'd be the standard 12 month warranty on it.

The price of €279.99 means I dont eat tonight!!!! thats cut to the bone. (I'm eating too much anyway..)

Let me know if you'd like it and we'll get it sorted for you.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,

Yep, I'll take it thanks. I'll PM details.

ambrose

I picked the HTS sound bar up yesterday and it's really great! Goes nicely with the 47PFL :-)

Thanks again guys!

ambrose

Ambrose,

yes that's a damn nice system you have now - must look great??

Thanks again for the business - it's much appreciated..

ATB

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ah John he told me a sad story upon collecting the HTS - he says his girlfriend dominates the TV......

We may need to do a deal on another one just for his viewing pleasure!

Ash

Yeah Ash,

Like your GF does not dominate as well 'eh ;)

:D:D:D

John Mc

• Advertisement

Boardies, my boss John justs loves selling me new toys to sneak home...
    Which is great and I appreciate.

But he always tells my wife a a later date........

Ash

oh - Just dont tell the wife about the GF!!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.