Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TOYOTA ALLION 2007

• 27-06-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hey guys , just new here and wanted to find out if anybody had brought an allion over from japan to Dublin and if it was a hassle getting it insured as it is a JDM.the missus seems to like the car and i would have preferred a Honda but she wears the pants at home so will like to know if anyone knows anybody that has one here and also there is something about the manual been only in Japanese.is it durable, any hassle and so on ..thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

pic063343.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

What's so special about this particular Japanes blandmobile that she wants this one over any other Japanese blandmobile?

I fail to see the attraction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Wont that just wind up costing you a fortune and be worth nothing in the end? Also, should you need parts it could be slightly difficult.

Looks similar enough to an Avensis and there are dealers full of them here at the minute so you could bargain hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It replaced the Carina/Corona in Japan in 2001. I don't think it shares anything with the Avensis we have here, except maybe a platform, as the Avensis is imported into Japan from the UK and sold along side the Allion.

OP I think you would be daft to go to the expense of importing one of these, I don't think they were available in diesel so the VRT will be expensive on the petrol versions, plus since you are importing from outside the EU you will have to pay VAT and an import duty on top of that.

Add that the Toyota warranty on a JDM model will not be valid in the EU due to it being classed as a "grey" import, and the rarety of spare parts in this corner of the world make it a pointless and expensive adventure for an average family car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 superfly007

thanks guys for the heads up....i actually wanted an accord or a civic 07 but she kinda liked it.so since it isn't viable, ill cut my losses and run faster than usain bolt on steroids the draw back to te civic is that it is 1.8L and i wonder if any of you know how much it would cost VRT wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

thanks guys for the heads up....i actually wanted an accord or a civic 07 but she kinda liked it.so since it isn't viable, ill cut my losses and run faster than usain bolt on steroids the draw back to te civic is that it is 1.8L and i wonder if any of you know how much it would cost VRT wise

Why not buy an Irish civic with tax and NCT and save the hassle of importing and VRTing, taxing and NCTing a JDM. Insurance is going to be more on an import and I'm not sure what the situation is in relation to parts if you need them.

Also for VRT: https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator

• Advertisement

The general consensus is that unless it is something rare like a GT-R or Evo X, it is not worth importing main stream models from Japan.

i have heard you make a huge savings on the car bought in japan besides, i think the civic 07 models are the same as over here just higher spec although am not sure on that

But if they were then there would be lots of them for sale in garages here but when is the last time you saw a run of the mill used JDM Civic fresh off the boat for sale here? When you include exhange rate, VRT, VAT and import duty they become more expensive than similar models for sale here or in the UK.

Also the Civic hatchback from 2006 is a European model only, it has never been sold in Japan. Japan only have the saloon or a coupe Civic.

hey mate , sorry for confusing you, i am referring to the saloon. i don't like the hatchbacks.i was referring to the Honda civic 2007 1.8l FD1 FAT transmission which is also here as well as in the link below

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/honda/civic/465815/
    let me know what you thinks
    cheers

Ok, there are plenty of them for sale here too. Spec is very good on Irish models too, I really would not see the point in importing one from Japan unless it was the Type R version which is not available in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

The link you provided lists the car at €8k plus cheapest estimated freight cost of €670.

You need to vrt it
    MAKE: HONDA
    MODEL: CIVIC FD1 - HIGH
    VERSION: 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / PETROL ONLY /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: Not established - highest VRT rate applied
    MILEAGE: 30000 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: MARCH 2006

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €19162
    RATE OF TAX: 36%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €6898

So now your total is
    +6898
    ~€15.5K

and you now need to pay VAT and a years road tax before you can drive it.

Now, arent you better off looking at something like this:
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/Civic/1.8-SE-4/200925194343140/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I am sure that a car like this, its either an Allion or a Permio, is a taxi in Killarney with a 04 plate. It has a wiper on the rear screen even though its a JDM saloon.

Advertisement