Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest Arts Subjects?

Options
  • 27-06-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Basically I only want to do psychology but I have to do two others and pass them, which arts subjects did you find easiest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think it's fair to say that what one person finds easy, another might not.

You will find a subject that bit easier if you have an interest and possibly prior experience with it (e.g. English or History in the Leaving Cert).

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

its easier to learn something you have an interest in

Not having an interest or hating something will make it harder for you to get motivated to go to lectures etc and may harm your overall mark for your degree

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

Some of those communications/media studies type subjects would probably be the handiest. But sociology would compliment psychology most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

There are no easy subjects unfortunatly but if you can find something with a bit of overlap it would help - both for your interest and in reducing the workload slightly.
    A film studies course might be good. It would still be a lot of work but watching films is mostly fun and watching a crap film is far easier than reading a crap book. If you are looking for something which wouldnt take up too much of your time energy than avoid history! I study it and i definitely spend the most time of any subject on it. I do love it though so of course if you are interested than its great but there is a lot of reading of very very dull books involved.

How about philosophy? Discussion of human nature, society etc would probably go well with psychology. Other than than, as said above, sociology would go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Just because you have psychology picked in first year doesn't mean you will get to study it in second year. I thought you had to be at the top of your class in first year exams to continue studying psychology in second and third year. As such you should really pick another subject that you feel you might have an interest in for the next 3 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement