Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dialup Modems on 64bit Vista

Options
  • 27-06-2009 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Im building a Vista 64bit pc at the moment and have just realised that my dialup modem may not install on it without the right drivers. I cant remember what make the modem is to check it, but from looking around the net it seems that many companies dont produce 64bit compatible modems or drivers for them.

Is there anyway around this - I have absolutely no other way to get online bar dialup.....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

i think your first step is to check what make/model modem you have, and do a google search from there. while you are right that it may be a problem, there's no point in speculating without having the model name...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

It might just be a pain in your arse - we have SBS 2008 set up in work (64-bit as thats the only way it comes) and we went through several modems until we found one that worked, mainly for use with fax services.

Advertisement