Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone have probs with black bins collection yesterday

Options
  • 27-06-2009 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

in balbriggan - left my bin out with tag, it was full but not overloaded and was still there when i came home last night with the tag

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Was yesterday defo collection day?

Noticed my neighbours hasnt been collected for last two weeks even tho he had tag on it. Last week it was really overloaded and lid wouldnt close so maybe thats why but dont know why they didnt collect it yest unless there was no collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

According to my calendar it was a brown bin collection only. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

My black bin got collected fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

I made same mistake also
    lol

was brown bin only
    bin already overflowing dont know where I am going to stick this weeks stuff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Our brown wasn't collected on Friday, but the green one was. We paid, but never received the 2009 stickers. Rang the council (they requested we email, also) and they confirmed we had paid and are going to send out the stickers. They said to be on standby as they might pick it up during the week.

It wasn't overflowing either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Eoineo wrote: »
    According to my calendar it was a brown bin collection only. HTH

thanks it does, :o I checked my calendar and turns out our black bins are only collected 3 out of 4 weeks, I dont put mine out every week but was under the weird impression that they were collected every week, thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Black bin went out in brackenwood fine! Calender says black bin only day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me going slightly off topic here, but I'm wondering if yiz can help!
    Myself and my partner recently bought a house in Balbriggan and are not sure of the bin collection situation- are the bins collected when tagged, or can you pay for a year's worth of collections? Are there different companies that you can choose from?
    Any help would be appreciated- it's one of the things I forgot to research and now I'm afraid we'll have no way to get rid of our bins until we organise something!!

Thanks again,

L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Hi Lilly,

There is an annual waste charge which is paid for all 3 bins (black, green and brown). Fingal send you out a sticker when it is paid and you put this on your bins just underneath the handle.

Everytime you put your black bin out you need to also attach a bin tag which you purchase in most local convenience shops. You don't need a bin tag for green or brown bin collections.

HTH

PS
    You'll get more information on www.fingalcoco.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Thanks very much for that, Eoineo!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement