Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ttc 3 months

• 27-06-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Bf and I decided 4 months ago to start ttc. Thought it would happen easily as I'm 26 and he's 29,I've always had 28 day cycle so thought we'd be in good position to become pregnant quickly.

Anyway this morning woke up to find it hadn't worked again. Couldnt stop crying for ages.
    We're not in a rush to have children as such, but we said we'd go for it and if it happens it happens cos we'd like to become young enough parents and in a good position to do so now with work etc and our relationship is very solid.
    We both thought it would have happened by now though. I know that compared to others out there 4 months is nothing and don't mean to insult anyone thats trying for long time when its only been a few months for us so far.

Just dont know whether need to see doctor yet or should i just play it by ear? I have a really strong desire to be a mother,its all I've ever wanted to be honest and now feels like the right time. I absolutely adore kids so I dont know how well I'd cope if couldn't conceive.

anyway i just need to post that to put my head together here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

3 months is no length to be trying, I shouldn't worry just yet!

Most doctors would say not to worry unless you've been trying for a year or more. I think ststistics suggest that it takes the average couple about 6 months to conceive.

However, don't be stressing yourself out, this really wont help! Relax, enjoy trying, and don't get too down if you don't succeed straight away!

To put your mind at rest you could see your gp for a health check. Eat healthy, exercise and start taking folic acid if you haven't already done so.

I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Momma

I know how you feel.

Took us 6 months, both in mid late 20s.

First couple of months was slightly disappointing then the 4th month and 5th month I got very worried and upset and started thing the worst. We were going to stop trying as we had a few things coming up and got pregnant 6mth.

What I did different that month (in case it might help you! :-) ) was not to go to the toilet til the next morning. So slept all night wiith the swimmers in ! ;-) and try to to laugh.... may cause spillage!

Good luck! It will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,

I agree with the above - 4 months is not very long to be trying and certainly not a cause for concern just yet.

When me & my bf first met, we never used contraception. OK, admittedly a silly move as could have turned out disastrous if we didn't last the distance but that's neither here nor there now as it was years ago and we were young and naive.
    The point I'm trying to make is, I did fall pregnant but it wasn't until we were about 10 months together. (Just for the record, we were both really happy as we knew we were soul mates from the very start!). But anyways, when I think back now, 10 months would have felt like fFOREVER had I been "trying to conceive". But instead, I just let nature take its course and 10 months later is when it was "meant to be".

Try not to be worried or thinking there's anything wrong with you or that it will never happen etc.. because it will! Worry will definitely not help you to conceive and you hear of so many stories where people were "trying" for YEARS, getting themselves all upset every month and stressing over it etc.. and as soon as they "gave up", they end up pregnant within a month or two.

Hopefully it won't take too much longer as you sound really anxious for it to happen. There's not a whole lot you can do to speed it up so maybe just try enjoying the baby-making process and being patient... I bet if you do this it will happen for you in no time! Like you said, you are young and there's no major panic so lighten up and enjoy your last bit of time pre-pregnancy!

Best of luck and hope you get your positive soon xxx

Advertisement