Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwing the banks because they screwed us!!!

Options
  • 27-06-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

I'm really pissed off with the bankers as are most people.
    We are all aware that they aren't giving credit to small businesses which is driving some to the wall.
    I just had a thought although probably too simple, inspired by the lady in Kerry who orgainsed a protest to force the government to make the banks do their bit to help small businesses
    I wonder could people power work?
    Here's my plan...all who have deposits in irish banks transfer them to an overseas provider (rabo or halifax etc), when doing so insist that you see the manager of the branch and let them know why this is being done...(i.e. tell them how pissed off you are with them and what they have done..start being a bank for the people who use them...not their investors.. in anyway you see fit!!) if enough people do this the word will filter up to the top brass the something has to be done or they go out of business!
    Before everybody starts jumping up and down about how this will ruin the irish banks or how the depositers will loose money...just think about it...make different suggestions..there has to be a way to stick it to these gob****es....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Not a bad idea at all. And Halifax open Saturdays, so stick that up your arse Bank of Ireland!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

O dear god..... another bank bashing thread :rolleyes:

I doubt they'd really care. If they don't have your deposits, they'll get your money anyway through taxes which will be given to them by the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

So the banks are responsible for all the worlds issues by giving too much credit out.

Now they don't want to give out credit. Evil banks for not wanting to give credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

so you are saying that in order to show the bankers that they are [email]w@nkers....we[/email] should cripple the country.

thats going to show them .... :rolleyes: ...... they dont care if we keep our money in their banks or in another bank - not until its too late for them to do anything about it.

EDIT: They probably wouldn't notice the trend until its too late for them to take the correct action.

if you wanted to stop the banks from damaging our economy why not introduce leglisation to make them accountable (close the loopholes that have been recently highlighted ...ie. bank loans moved around to avoid detection) ....send a couple of them to prison for whatever charge we can actually find evidence to prove and keep them under strict watch for a number of years to ensure proper practice.... and random audits/inspections. (unannounced)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Banks are open for business and are lending. The difference now is that they are lending on stricter, more normal criteria, to viable businesses only. For a lot of businesses and individuals complaining that the banks are not forthcoming, extended credit would be only a temporary solution to a permanent problem. A temporary solution that would merely exacerbate the problem for the businesses and the economy as a whole. Businesses that before were viable are no longer viable. Individuals that before were credit worthy are no longer so.

There seems to be a notion that the banks are sitting on piles of cash and stifling small business by refusing to lend. This cannot be the case as it is in the interest of the banks to lend to viable prospects and seek a return on any liquidity.

After all, how many major lending institutions are there in this state?
    If an individual/ business cannot secure credit from any of them, it begs the question of whether it is the fault of the banks, or whether they are a bad risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Sometimes, if you have nothing useful to contribute, it's best not to contribute at all

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement